Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica........

new tv movie 8th Dec (i think thats in the US though)

looks not bad.........
    Last edited by tbm; 06-04-2008, 20:52. Reason: spelling !

Shhh... Don't let the BG fanboys hear you saying "looks not bad". Richard Hatch and his legions will be hunting you down for Blasphemy. Starbuck? A woman? Outragious!!!!!

Comment

here's hoping that starbuck is still a womaniser.....

Comment

STARBUCKS A WOMAN!??!?!?!?

FFS!!!

Why o why o why!

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
          STARBUCKS A WOMAN!??!?!?!?

FFS!!!

Why o why o why!
          Why not.
          Anyone who's hungup on Starbuck being a man would have freaked if they recast the part of Starbuck without using Dirk Benedict.

It's a no win situation with that charecter and I'd rather make massive structural changes to the show in the hopes of making it fresh than being hamstrung by the past.

As I posted in my weblog...

-The new Battlestar Galactica mini-series is getting lauded and bashed in equal measure depending on who's review you happen to be reading. It literally is a matter of personal preference on this one, with some viewers calling the cast weak and lifeless while others say they are well rounded and play off each other better than was first expected. In many cases a serious point of contention is if you can see Starbuck being played by a woman, those who can't tend to hate the show while those who can praise actress, Katee Sackhoff, for bringing a somewhat deeper Starbuck to the screen.

I'll be keeping my eye on the ratings when it airs to see if there's any series potential in there. Aside from that, I'm actually looking forward to seeing it when it eventually makes it way over here and making my own mind up

Comment

Starbucks is being played by a woman?

What is it, a ****ing pantomime?

Comment

May I warn against using their screensaver. I had to reboot the machine because it would not die.

Comment

After having watched the first episode of the mini-series, I have to say that I like it. A lot. I'm not a huge of the original show, so I don't have nostalgic glasses to take off to enjoy it. Great F/X, nice cast, and a good story. I give it a hearty recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                  After having watched the first episode of the mini-series, I have to say that I like it. A lot. I'm not a huge of the original show, so I don't have nostalgic glasses to take off to enjoy it. Great F/X, nice cast, and a good story. I give it a hearty recommendation.
                  Glad to hear it.
                  Highest rated show on Sci-Fi this year, expect a TV series to follow now that you've seen the two episode pilot. (Mini-Series...pah! Something to tell the press if it flopped)

Comment

So, the Cylons look exactly like people now? Sorry, but that is ****e!

Grrr!

Starbuck...woman...grrr!!!

-weresheep

Comment

Hang on, you mean the Sci-Fi channel is actually showing some Sci-Fi? That can't be right surely.

Where has this Cylons look like people thing come from btw?

I shall try and download this and check it out - I shall be most annoyed if it's dire in comparison to the dropped Farscape.

Regards
                      Marty

Comment

So, the Cylons look exactly like people now? Sorry, but that is ****e!

Grrr!

Starbuck...woman...grrr!!!
                        Im all for remakes etc, but I wish theyd stop messing about with things.

Starbuck is a man!

Cylons are robots!

If they change the basics..whats the point!

Comment

Cylons are still robots. That hasn't changed. The basic story is that during the early days of the 12 Colonies, the Cylons were created as a mechanical workforce to help make life easier on the struggling humans trying to create their worlds (yes, it smacks a bit of The Matrix). Eventually the Cylons decided they were better than the people who made them, and so they set about destroying all of humanity. Wars were fought, and eventually an armistice was reached, and the war was over. The Cylons left to create their own world, and humanity was left to rebuild their lives and the 12 Colonies. Many many years later, Galactica is an aging relic that is about to be decommissioned and turned into an orbiting museum/school. But, just as that is happening, the Cylons come back and totally kick the **** out of an unsuspecting humanity. Several worlds are completely decimated by nukes, and over a quarter if the fleet is taken out as well, leave Adama and Galactica as the leaders of the fleet.

How did the Cylons manage this? They created an android that looked like an attractive female (she is the only human looking one I saw, the rest look completely like robots), and then had her work her way into the life of Baltar, a computer genius who was working on the defensive systems of the 12 Colonies. She was able to learn all of the systems of the colonies and the fleet, and was therefore able to circumvent all of them, as well as disable as ships using the current computer systems. With one flick of the switch, so to speak, they could bring entire ships to their knees.

This, of course, doesn't work so well against Galactica and its older Viper MK2's, all of which have systems that the Cylons are unable to affect. This, of course, makes them humanity's only hope.

Anyway, not the most original story out there, but the way it is done is great. I like the characters, I love the ships and the combat, the music and sound effects are great, and there is a thankful lack of CGI (which seems to be purely reserved for the space stuff). All in all, a very well done movie. It reminds me a lot of the Wing Commander games, and that is a very good thing in my book. If you can get your head around the original show, you should like this. If you can't, it's your lose, as it is quite good.

Comment

Thanks for the info JR.

I will search the internet for this tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                              Cylons are still robots..
                              Ah, okay. Didn't get this impression from the website/trailer. Do they still have the cool Night Rider style eyes?

-weresheep

Edit: Oooh, oooh. Do they still say "By your command!" all the time?

Comment

Working...
                              X