Calling all homos and their mates . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all homos and their mates . . .

Message for all gay and gay friendly gamers. If you have XBox LIVE and wanna hook up for some online sessions then join up http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/ukgg/

The idea of the group is so that gay / bi or gay friendly lads can join up and play online whilst chatting and not been judged by the rest of the LIVE community. Not saying that the all of LIVE members are homophobes but just trying to give a minority of members a somewhat safe environment.

Just thinking of swapping gamer tags at this stage and you can do that by posting a reply to posting on this forum or by posting on the yahoo group.

I am ?Blue Griffin? on LIVE. Currently a few of us are enjoying PGR 2 and still loving Moto GP 2.

FAG

</joke>

Nice idea, but I won't be joining yous. Even though I like PGR2!

Comment

What the hell is the point of this? Are you going to be playing games or chatting each other up??

Ynerghn!

Comment

"gay gamers"

"safe environment"

Mate, a gay gamer is just a gamer, surely. There's no reason why sexuality needs to be an issue at all when one is playing online. It's all about teamplay/pwning people and just having a laugh!

Comment

Exactly. Who plays online and thinks to themselves "Hmm, I wonder if I just killed/ was killed by a homosexual?"

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
            There's no reason why sexuality needs to be an issue at all when one is playing online. It's all about teamplay/pwning people and just having a laugh!
            Which leads to the obvious question: Harlowlad, is this group the result of frequently encountering homophobes on Live, or do you see it more as a pre-emptive measure? I only had access to my Live account for a month or so but, annoying brats aside, everyone seemed pretty friendly, and in line with Valken's post.

Comment

My experience of live games has been varied. Its good to say that most of the time I have enjoyed decent online sessions with some very comical players. However when playing PGR2 with 6 other players I was asked who I preferred Jordan or Jodie Marsh? I said neither I liked Dermot O?Leary. A few laughed but then the fag jokes came and I was then booted for the room ! I think this was pretty low and glad to say a rare occasion.

I am not saying that sexual orientation is the main thing here. Games are ! I don?t care if whom I am playing against but I supposed the idea was more to build a friends list on LIVE of people who aint such an arsehole and accept that we all don?t think in the same way.

Comment

I wouldn't wan't to exclusively go on 'gay' servers for the same reason that I don't only go to gay clubs.

In fact, I go to more straight/mixed clubs than gay clubs for the simple reason that I hate segregation. I think it encourages attitudes such as the one you've encountered.

Comment

I said neither I liked Dermot O?Leary.
                  Homo or not, you deserve to be kicked for a comment like that!

Comment

There's going to be arseholes everywhere harlowlad... that's what gamertags are for. You don't need a specific group to acheive what you want.

And to paraphrase Square... segregation is **** even if it's just a gay gamer's club. It shouldn't be like that, and with open minded people, isn't an issue.

Comment

Why make an issue out of it though? Just play the games, man. No need to start broadcasting details about yourself.

I have no interest in who I'm playing against, be they straight/ homo, giant/ midget, human/ xenomorph.

Comment

Best. Thread. Ever

Imagine the outrage if you set up something so it was heterosexuals only.

Comment

Yes... but this isn't homosexual or bisexual only. He said "gay-friendly" which I take to mean as "indiscriminate". Also keep in mind that heterosexuals don't tend to get discriminated against on the grounds of their sexual orientation. I imagine "fag" jokes must be extremely annoying and possibly slightly upsetting to gay people (and I've seen a few around these forums).

All in all though I think splitting people up on the grounds of sexual orientation isn't too great an idea. The heterosexual side just has to become less discriminative if you ask me.

Comment

Make you don't have kids there or you'll end up like Pete Townsend...

Comment

I think it's fair enough. There are plenty of Grrrl gamer groups that get together, why not gay gamers to (Gaymers, anyone?).

It's attitudes like the following that prompt this:

What the hell is the point of this? Are you going to be playing games or chatting each other up??

Ynerghn!
                              BTW, gay clubs are always the best, freindliest clubs you can go to. No-one parties like the gay crowd. Segregation or not, it's the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X