lagging on xbox live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lagging on xbox live

im not sure why, but i tend to be lagging on xbox live.
    top spin has now become unplayable as the lag is too bad.
    pgr2 runs smooth and fine for me, but others have told me im lagging and popping up all over the place.

im running the xbox through a net sharing application, on a bt openworld adsl 512kb broadband connection.

Originally posted by adamSRi
    pgr2 runs smooth and fine for me, but others have told me im lagging and popping up all over the place.

im running the xbox through a net sharing application, on a bt openworld adsl 512kb broadband connection.
    PGR2 runs terrible on live for me. I get invites from people but i cant join one of them. I just get the "this game is not available anymore". I couldnt join one game the whole of last night so i was mighty pissed off and resulted to going to watch some ****e on TV instead.

Meh!

Comment

I have my on DSL directly into my Xbox and most games are fine. I have heard that if your routing through a PC that is being used for other tasks that the game starts to lag really badly. I think that the game doesn't use bandwidth very econmicaly

Comment

Hardly seen any lag on pgr2 at all....

Comment

Lag is a very very rare occurance on Xbox Live for me. I have just a 512/256 connection with Freeserve, but my contention ration is only 20:1. I'm using a router and have 4 PC's, 2 Xbox's and a PS2 online through it, and can comfortably support 2 simultaneous Xbox live sessions (either on the same game or different).

Do your games lag more at peak home net usage times?

Comment

im running the xbox through a net sharing application, on a bt openworld adsl 512kb broadband connection
            i run the same setup as you but i use xp to share my connection have a bit of lag now and again nothin to bad but the pc has to be sitting doing nothing when i play live else it lags all the time

Comment

I think the PC doing the routing consumes about 80% of the system resources, so it is only recommended if you've got something pretty meaty... if you're running Windoze. Linux does a much better job, imho

Comment

Originally posted by Ginza

PGR2 runs terrible on live for me. I get invites from people but i cant join one of them. I just get the "this game is not available anymore". I couldnt join one game the whole of last night so i was mighty pissed off and resulted to going to watch some ****e on TV instead.

Meh!
                What hapened to you that day? Remember? You wispered "I got to go"

I thought you were joking

Comment

Working...
                X