Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstatio 2 beta testers .....

Im one,

However ive not been on the forums etc for a while. What with Socomm 2 due any day i thought id go back in so i went to forum, forgot my login so i got it sent again.

However now its just the normal forum, where is the bit for us Uber 1337 b3ta boy's ??

In all seriousness what am i doin wrong (did i forget the secret handshake?)

Can't find the Beta trial forum either..

Perhaps it's because they've read my mind and discovered how crap I find PS2 online.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
      Perhaps it's because they've read my mind and discovered how crap I find PS2 online.
      I just went ahead and told them it was crap in the questionnaires.

Central Station is bloody awful, a redesign can't solve the fundamental problem that its unusably slow.

I visited the beta forum... once. It was full of monkeys jizzing over Socom, and bleating about how leet they were to be on the beta trial.

Was there anything useful ever going on there?

Comment

I don't think so, all important topics are emailed to the beta-testers.

Comment

Is this the one you mean - when I log in I still get to the 'Beta Trial Forum':

It's still full of chimps though. And bloody ridiculous signature pics...

Comment

Taaa

I have to agree PSonline is pretty wank, i do enjoy the odd blast on hardware online tho.

Also looking forward too GT4 online

Comment

it will be better when the hard disc comes out, if ever

Comment

The new central station is pretty good. IMO - and SOCOM 2 - wowsers!

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                  I don't see how. why?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                    The new central station is pretty good.
                    Still horribly slow - and it ain't my bandwidth, it just renders really s l o w l y.

Comment

Central Station is awful, its like Dream Arena but slower and more awkward.

The PS2 whole online experience is dire. The lack of universal headset support is annoying. The fact you have to press and WAIT before you can talk on most games is painful. Using the on screen keyboards is a nightmare. It's just ALL bad, there are no redeeminging features thus far.

Even the games on the whole have been poor, even Socom 2.

Sony give up on this generation and get it right for the PS3 please.

Oh and the beta forums are full of raving fanboys which hugh sigs which is very irratating.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                        Originally posted by wod
                        I don't see how. why?
                        I think he he means that if/when the hdd comes out CS could already be loaded onto it. With any games supporting the hdd alowing you to access it from an in game menu. Having to put a disk in to check you friends list is somewhat daft.
                        The staff working behind the beta though are doing their best but id assume Sonys haphazard online strategy does its online staff no favours.
                        As for socom 2 its definately an improvement on the first. With arenas much better in terms of layout and size. It appaears theyve gone for a wide open space theme, which is good however the draw distance is still apalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy
                          Central Station is awful, its like Dream Arena but slower and more awkward.

The PS2 whole online experience is dire. The lack of universal headset support is annoying. The fact you have to press and WAIT before you can talk on most games is painful. Using the on screen keyboards is a nightmare. It's just ALL bad, there are no redeeminging features thus far.

Even the games on the whole have been poor, even Socom 2.

Sony give up on this generation and get it right for the PS3 please.

Oh and the beta forums are full of raving fanboys which hugh sigs which is very irratating.
                          You are joking right? Socom and Socom 2 are outstanding, Everquest, Madden, Tiger Woods are all awesome games online. The press the button to talk is the best feature. I am so sick on xbox live of hearing some twat breath down the headphones or have a converstaion with some other person in the same room, or hear a howling baby down the headset. I must have silenced hundreds of people on xbox live. when they introduced this in GRIT it was a total godsend.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                            You are joking right? Socom and Socom 2 are outstanding, Everquest, Madden, Tiger Woods are all awesome games online. The press the button to talk is the best feature. I am so sick on xbox live of hearing some twat breath down the headphones or have a converstaion with some other person in the same room, or hear a howling baby down the headset. I must have silenced hundreds of people on xbox live. when they introduced this in GRIT it was a total godsend.

Neil.
                            No, I'm not joking, why would I.

Socom (with its hugh dead zone on the analogue stick) and Socom 2 are not outstanding in my opinion, they are merely average at best as online experiences. Maybe they are just not my cup of tea, but there are many better team based shooters that have been around for years.

Tiger woods and madden are probably the best examples of PS2 online, but nothing that would make me change my mind about the situation with the PS2 online.

Yes it is annoying playing with people who breath down mic's and have different conversations, but I tend to play with people on Xbox live aren't your typical moron who does this, thus its not a problem. Ghost Recon on Xbox (both versions) made you press the button to talk just like most PS2 games and I found it incredibly infuriating at times, but at least I didn't have to wait for it to allow me to speak.

Sony have destroyed any chance of winning the online war because of these reasons, and tbh I believe that most people if given the opportunity to try out both systems online will come to the conclsuion that Xbox L!VE is miles ahead in pretty much every respect.

Comment

They've already won the online war -_-; Atleast in Japan.

Once games such as GT4, FFXI, Biohazard Outbreak etc are released you'll think differently. I've already played my PS2 online than anything else. The service is excellent in Japan, however they really need to release the HDD along with the big guns in the west to make PS2 more attractive online compared to Xbox. Personally I don't think SOCOM, Everquest, Madden and Tiger Woods are worthy games, however I know Sony have far far better quality online games coming. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X