Games Of Christmas Past...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games Of Christmas Past...

Mario 3 is the game that makes me feel all christmassy, I remember opening it on Christmas morning when I was about 10 or so. I think I will be breaking out my copy of Mario All Stars this Xmas for old times sake. :P
    What games remind you of Christmas, and which ones will you be dusting off for the festive season.

May I be the first to welcome back the retro forum...

FF3/6j probably reminds me of christmas more than any other game - I remember spending most of Christmas day playing this!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k
      Mario 3 is the game that makes me feel all christmassy
      Me too - spent an excellent Chrimbo morning playing this one; the anticipation was superb, knowing that there was Mario goodness at the end.

Comment

Ocarina of Time

Pilotwings (snes)

Super Mario Kart

Man, it doesn't get better :P

Comment

Ocarina of Time.

Mostly because I remember taking a week off work in my old job to play it on Christmas week.

Comment

Robocop on the speccy. I had it one Xmas when I was about 11 and spent all goddamn day on it, only going downstairs for dinner, a practice I still adhere to today :P

Comment

Nice topic

Well, going way back I can remember opening my main prezzie - a
              48k Spectrum. This would be 1983 or 1984, can't remember which. What I do remember are the games that my mum had bought with the machine - Jet Pac, Atic Atac and Knight Lore. It's difficult to convey just how jaw-dropping Kightt Lore was at the time for those that were'nt around then.

More recently, Christmas Nights sticks out - a game that I feel compelled to play at this time of the year for the sake of tradition.

Ocarina of Time was another one - frantically trying to get hold of a copy before Christmas day.

Shenmue and it's sequel also have fond Christmas memories for me, particularly the Santa walking around the town in the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin

Shenmue and it's sequel also have fond Christmas memories for me, particularly the Santa walking around the town in the first game.
                Oh the drunken Santa is ace. When I first saw him it made the whole town seem [more] so real, especially with the snow on the ground.

Comment

I remember SNES Metroid quite fondly, that big box with the guide book was my favourite present that Christmas.

I remember everyone sat around watching the Queens's speech and all that stuff and I was sat in the corner shooting the crap out of monsters.
                  Quality.

Comment

I didnt get Mario 3 till my birthday :/ (2 months after xmas)

Ah well

Best things i remember tho, was getting my:

Spectrum +2A James Bond Action pack (phwoar)

and (another xmas ofc, few years after)

NES Action Pack (Duck Hunt/Mario, Zapper etc)

Played many an hour on that

Software wise, i remember getting Wild Gunman and Castlevania 2, but other than that

Comment

my ones more recent,

Zelda OOT, firing it up xmas morning, i almost missed my xmas lunch.
                      played that till i fell asleep.

Comment

Secret of Mana for me.

The title screen was just so lush.

Comment

Sonic the Hedgehog
                          Street Fighter 2
                          Mario 64
                          Zelda OoT
                          Shenmue

Comment

I rarely asked my parents for games/consoles for Christmas ever since I once asked for a C64 but some bloke in Dixons conned them into buying an Atari 65XE instead .

However, one time that I did was when I asked for Sonic The Hedgehog on Master System, and sure enough there it was on Christmas Day. Then my Dad dragged in a huge wrapped up box. I opened it and found an Amiga 500+! That was a fantastic Christmas Day happily spent playing Sonic and Lemmings (and I also discovered that truly terrible Captain Planet game )

Oh, and I got Street Racer on SNES a few years later. I already had a multitap, so we spent the whole day on 4-player mode

Comment

the games I remember best that I've played in the winter/x-mas time are:
                              Last Ninja 2 (C64)
                              Super Ghouls 'n Ghost (S-nes)
                              Turrican 2 (Amiga)
                              Mario64 (N64)
                              Zelda Oot (N64)
                              JetForceGemini (N64)

all of them truly classic games !

Comment

Working...
                              X