Amiga Emu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amiga Emu

Is there someone here who has experince with Amiga emulation ?
    I'm planning to order this cd-rom for my pc, on paper it looks great but I'm curius of someone can tell me more about this before I pay that amount of money

Bit steep isnt it :/

Comment

Originally posted by DjSatansfury
      Bit steep isnt it :/
      at ?68 its robbery, ?50 for mame too lol you can get mame free from www.freemameroms.com they will probably be able to help you out with the amiga one too.

Comment

Yeah but its not "legal" is it

If you dont care about it being legal, just download WinUAE and find the kickstart.rom on some german warez site (lol cause thats where i usually find them)

Comment

I remember Amiga classix being a bit dodgy legally back when I read Amiga format (it has been some time! 8) )

Moreover, I think there are mostly demo versions on this CD.

Comment

Originally posted by valkyrie999
            Moreover, I think there are mostly demo versions on this CD.
            that is also what I'm afraid of, a disc full of demo versions, I think I better wait for the reply on the mail I've send them concerning this disc.

Comment

1) Download UAE

2) Download stuff that is legal to download - there are loads of classic games that come under this heading, as many developers have allowed it.

3) Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by gooner
                ?50 for mame too
                They're charging for MAME? What the hell gives them the right to charge for someone else's work?

Comment

The entire outfit is based on illegally selling other people's work, by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                    The entire outfit is based on illegally selling other people's work, by the looks of it.
                    Yep, and the one thing worse than giving other people's work away for free, is selling it. Bang out of order charging money for stuff they didn't make/contribute to themselves. Shameful behaviour.

Comment

Can I used Amiga games on XBOX if I get a chipped one and how well Amiga games work on XBOX.

I want to play like of Cannon Foddler, Chaos Engine AGA, Rainbow Islands, New Zealand Story, Sensible soccer, and Banshee.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                        Can I used Amiga games on XBOX if I get a chipped one and how well Amiga games work on XBOX.

I want to play like of Cannon Foddler, Chaos Engine AGA, Rainbow Islands, New Zealand Story, Sensible soccer, and Banshee.
                        Many of them perform nicely, but you are severely restricted without a keyboard. Stuff like sensible soccer, or the Team17 stuff work very well, but if there are a lot of keys, you're knackered.

Config tweaking is possible, but it's not quite as intuitive as the Win32 version of UAE which is all gui driven and far more comprehensive. At this stage, it's all done through txt file tweaking.

Comment

Majority amiga games use one button on joystick so it should be ok but avoid mouse games as there is no XBOX mouse Maybe Cannon Foddler is not ideal on XBOX

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                            Majority amiga games use one button on joystick so it should be ok but avoid mouse games as there is no XBOX mouse Maybe Cannon Foddler is not ideal on XBOX
                            maybe it supports a usb mouse with an adaptor? I'm not sure though.

Comment

If you are going to use an Xbox try to get the 0.8 version of UAE-X as v0.81 has problems with mouse button support for some reason.

Legendary - As mid has mentioned, alot of these old commercial games are now available to download legally, the best site I have found is here.

About the About section… Here you find some information about BTTR and some ways to leave your feedback. Project: subsection Important background information about the Back to the Roots project. Guestbook: 1958 Entries Answered Please Read More

e. - Cannon fodder is fine on UAE-X as it maps the mouse control to the left analogue stick with the joystick mapped to the d-pad also individual Amiga keyboard keys can be mapped to the triggers and black/white buttons on the xbox controller. Txt file editing is not required, its all handled in the GUI very easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X