****, looks like I've been banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****, looks like I've been banned

My switch hasn't been turned on, but I've tried signing on to Xbox LIVE amd it's taking me to a screen that says

Modified Xbox error
    your xbox console cannot communicate with Xbox LIVE because the software or hardware may have been modified.

Anyone else received this error?

ain't looking good!

Perhaps m$ are tightening up! it is so easy to check for appz, etc on the hd if they want to detect a modded console without worrying about the bios!

Could be bad news for all !! ft:

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
      ain't looking good!

Perhaps m$ are tightening up! it is so easy to check for appz, etc on the hd if they want to detect a modded console without worrying about the bios!

Could be bad news for all !! ft:
      The annoying thing is that my chip wasn't even on. Sure I accidently went online with the eeprom changed to NTSC a few months back, but they would have picked it up quicker than that surely?

Comment

A mate of mine got this recently too, dunno how they are catching people out. For safety I've got all my evo-x/apps etc on the F: partition so that when the chip is disabled the xbox doesn't even know its there.

That might be an option for you.

I might be able to sort you out with a working eeprom if you know how to change it with ConfigMagic.

Let me know.

Comment

I had exactly the same problem a few months bck.

Strangely all the Sega Sports games still worked online but all other games refused to connect. After 4 days the Sega games wouldn't connect either.

Very annoying and I did ring MS to complain, in all truth I reckon if you pushed hard enough they may re-instate the machine if you threatened to go to the press etc (even though the TOC does mention the illegiality of modded hardware).

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
            A mate of mine got this recently too, dunno how they are catching people out. For safety I've got all my evo-x/apps etc on the F: partition so that when the chip is disabled the xbox doesn't even know its there.

That might be an option for you.

I might be able to sort you out with a working eeprom if you know how to change it with ConfigMagic.

Let me know.
            All my stuff is on the F drive and I've still been caught out

Comment

do you have the orginal HD or a new one? Was it locked?

Comment

This is bad news indeed. Are you sure the chip wasn't accidently on. I've changed my EEPROM to NTSC but they shouldn't ban you for this.

FB

Comment

>_< Ouch. I always thought the safest option would be to have a vanilla XBox for use soley with Live, considering they're pretty cheap nowadays.
                  I don't have a chipped XBox though so I don't know how easy it is to disable the chip.
                  Is there anyway you can retrieve your account from an unmodded Xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                    The annoying thing is that my chip wasn't even on. Sure I accidently went online with the eeprom changed to NTSC a few months back, but they would have picked it up quicker than that surely?
                    Were you using Live happily for months before you were banned, after going online with the region changed?

Was there a Live update recently?

Comment

I thought I'd warned about this a few weeks ago. A live update was coming that was more active in detecting changes to the console.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                        I thought I'd warned about this a few weeks ago. A live update was coming that was more active in detecting changes to the console.
                        Are there any more specific details?

Comment

The mod detects changes to the hard drive, so as I understand it a modded Xbox with a un-changed hard drive and the mod chip switched off will work ok, but a changed HD or funny partitions will not. I also heard that there was a change planned that when you saved games whilst running a modchip on offline that files would be saved to the Xbox Hard drive and when you went online these would be detected and you'd get banned also. I don't mind this apart from I like to play import games which means I need to have 3 of every console. I have a PAL and US Xbox for this reason.

Both my PAL and NTSC consoles refused to go online with any game unless I downloaded an update early last week. I'd guess that this was the update that has done this, I'd expect this type of activity to become much more aggressive.

Regards,
                          Neil.

Comment

thats strange, i have an executer pro chip with the switches at the back of the console and xbox live works just fine.

I only play cvs2 on it though, so maybe thats it.

Comment

more likely you don't have any alien files sitting on the hard drive for the Live update to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X