R-Type Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-Type Final

I didn't see another topic on this game so I started one.

Well this is classic R-Type, with not much changed except from a whole bunch of Special Features like the R-Type ship museum and the bizarre 'Vs' game (i tried it once only). A lot is borrowed from R-Type Delta. The graphics are essentially upgraded from R-Type Delta to hi-res 3D with more of a grim gritty feel to them.
    Completists will revel in the fact that there are 99 ships to unlock, you're given them after completing certain milestones in the game for example. They are not going to differ that much though (remember the 320+ cars you can unlock in Ridge Racer 4?). There's also a very nice gallery of images to unlock. I'm trying to figure out how to get those images as wallpaper on title screen (my game is Korean).

It's early days yet for me, but so far I'm pleased with a game that lives up to most expectations.

Ive heard the Western release is immenent, does anyone have a date? I have the Korean version also, and love the game. R-Type can do little wrong with me though that said, and whilst its not the best in the series it still remains for me easily one of the best horizontal shooters of recent memory, perhaps since Einhander. Love the opening level, whilst the second is simply beautiful in parts also. The assault on the mothership is fair homage to the originals, whilst the number of ships and options available ensures longevity. I may get back to this today as Ive not played it in ages, I tend to only like to 1 credit shooters so Im yet to see the last levels.

Comment

Thanks for your response marcus. Well I'm only up to level 3 at the moment, there's a great set-piece on that level where a giant mech appears from inside the mothership and tries to destroy you.
      I think there are "branching levels" because I've seen people on other forums mention level 2.1, 2.2 and so on. I cannot seem to find a good strategy for the Level 2 boss, but level 1 is ridicouslously easy! There are also long sections of emptiness on Level 1 which you know are going to be replaced by swarms of alines on higher difficulty levels.
      I'll play it through before I can rate it as highly as R-Type Delta and Einhander.

Little tip, you can skip the intro sequence of the R9 approacing the destroyed city after starting the game by pressing select.

Comment

Remeber hearing it would be published by Metro 3D who publish armored core in europe, date i heard was 30th January dont know if it still is!

Comment

Originally posted by darksteve
          Remeber hearing it would be published by Metro 3D who publish armored core
          For the love of Nothing/God(s) Noooo!

Metro3D twisted my knickers with their inept regionalisation of Armored Core : Another Age, and Armored Core 3. Anyone want to give me odds that they only include 5 ships, no gallery and skip the VS mode?

Comment

I didn't care for this one much. Although horizontal shmups aren't my cup of tea. Perhaps i'll give it some more play time though, I didn't like dodonpachi daiojyou at first either.

The controls just seemed 'slow' in r-type delta. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

You could adjust the speed of the ship with L1 and L2 I think. Were you aware of that?

Comment

Got this today. I've already clocked 5 hours on the ingame clock

This game is seriously awesome. Maybe not as good as delta, as the stages are smaller but change depending on how good you are, for instance play **** on the 1st level and then the next level is easier, but walk all over it and then the second level is on fire and is much harder

level 3 is great as well. A visual tour d force.

R type RIP!

Comment

I heard there's alot of slow-down in places and some bug in initial versions - so what's dat all about?

Comment

Apparently it makes the game slightly more playable due to its intensity - slow down makes it easier, debateable...

Comment

slow down isnt a problem. It rarely happens when the screen is really busy... oddly

Comment

Ive had this for a while and found it quite hard. Im not a shooter fan but decided to give it a whirl.

i am impressed with the visuals though.

I'll think I'll keep at it for now.

Comment

Ive started to play this once again, I never realised just how sedate the first level is until revisiting it again. Im playing it on Human difficulty, on one credit only and have so far got to the end of level 3. The load times are still a pain for me, but I love the variety of ships on offer and also the calming music the game opens with. Nice effects, and level 2 is quite beautiful, I did and still do enjoy playing this game.

Comment

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Its out on the 26th of March

Comment

I spent most of today playing this and have to say that I am hooked. I think this game is brilliant. Level 3 has simply stunning visuals.

Its quite hard but I have managed to grasp the conceptof whizzing thru the levels I have completed previously as quickly as possible in order to get to the next new level.

Also the alternate levels are quite good too.

And most importantly it has that addictive one more go quality that is a must.

Very good. Im defo after Ikaruga and Skikigami now.

Comment

Working...
                              X