New Warp-Pipe out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Warp-Pipe out.

Don't know if this has been posted, but anyway.

Software company that brought the Nintendo GameCube online. Custom software consultancy for the video game and entertainment sectors.

Windows, OS X, and Linux 0.3.1 Released
    Merry Christmas from the Warp Pipe team! If you look close enough, you'll see we left an early present in your stocking.

That's right, Windows, OS X and Linux 0.3.1 is now out. All 0.3.1 versions are interoperable, but they are not compatible with our previous version, 0.3. So users on all platforms must upgrade. You may also notice that Windows and Linux are Beta, while OS X 0.3.1 remains Alpha. This is due to GUI issues, further explained below. Rest assured OS X 0.3.1 is compatible with both Linux and Windows Beta.

Nate has written up a detailed account of what 0.3.1 has to offer, check it out below.

Whats fixed:

Memory Leak: There was a huge memory leak that was leaking memory faster than windows. It's all fixed now.
    Win 98/ME Support: Everything should run fine on 98/me boxes now.
    8 Player Mario Kart: Found a bug in the RLE compression routine that caused it to crash during 1080 testing. Fixed it. This had the happy side effect of fixing the MK more than two ppl bug. Now you can play with up to 8 players via two cubes.
    1080 suport (Partial): I say partial because it does run, but there are some stability issues. Most loss of connection seems to occur just as the screen goes white to show the loading screen. If you make it past this than most likley the race will play thru till the end.
    Known Issues:

Again the 1080 stability issues. Overall it works, but on occasion it will lose connection. Normally we would like everything to be running smothly for a release but we wanted to get these (some major) bug fixes out and alow you guys to atleast start playing 1080.
    The linux client doesn't always close out gracefully. This effects the OSX port as it's basically the same code. It seems to only happen if you close your connection before the other party. So if any linux/OSX users are playing a win32 user, have them close connection first. Otherwise you may have to kill it.
    WiFi is still not fully supported. We haven't neglected it, just haven't gotten to it yet.
    OS X GUI issues: When connecting to another person, you must designate both ip and port. For example, if you want to connect to the IP 123.45.67.8, you must type in 123.45.67.8:4000. Also, when closing the program, the daemon (anothercastle) may hang. If this happens, kill the process and then start the program over. Also, any preferences you set will not be saved when you close the program.

Software company that brought the Nintendo GameCube online. Custom software consultancy for the video game and entertainment sectors.

I've downloaded and installed it but not yet tried.

btw I hope 1080 will work.

Comment

Working...
    X