Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was Fear Like?

Hi all

Years ago I had a sega saturn I got it second hand for my bday with few games my fav was Athelete Kings, I love the button bashing games with friends around and brothers.

At the time I never had money to buy games, I was not quiet sure why I even got consoles for my bday or xmas as only time I had money for a game if it was my bday or xmas again lol.

Anyway a few games on Sega Saturn I always dreamed of buying and playing I even prayed to god to get them when they bcame out but by then they was mega rare and hard to get.

One was DEEP FEAR it looked awesome back then and I had a review in a magazine which I stared and re-read about 20 times to get my excited.

What was that game like, did anyone play it? I love to know what someone thought.

Also another game I think it was shining force or something, it came out same time as deep fear and was a RPG with little men kinda thing and one level you have to get on a train or something.. I know that as I read the review about 50 times LOL.

Can someone tell me what it was all like as I still have that feeling to know to put my wonders away as I have wonderd for years.

Thanks

Warren

Think game was called Dragon Force actually... LOL not sure.

Comment

Deep fear:
      Whilst now it costs quite alot on ebay, I got it quite cheap, the PAL version, and with a 60hz boosted saturn, it runs quite nicely.

I personally find it to be better than resident evil, since it is a survival horror of sorts.

Even though there is the added concern of air, the game is far easier than RE.
      Perhaps its a little too easy. That was my main probem with it.
      There is unlimited ammo and items.
      if you can make it to a storage room, you can reload as many times as you like.

Otherwise I thought it was excellent.
      Some excellent FMV's, and very atmospheric.
      The plot is also very good, the whole "we're running around under water trying to save our butts" is very memorable.
      reminds me of that film, where these people were trapped on an underwater research vessel, looked like an oil rig. Starred that bald guy from "the rock", anyway, it reminded me alot of that film.

Though admiteddly the ending leaves a great deal to desire.

but, overall, if you see it, its worth picking up. Great fun.
      Like I said, I found it more atmpsheric to RE, just a little too easy.

Comment

I didn't enjoy Deep Fear as much as RE, it just seemed to lack the atmosphere even though the whole underwater premise was pretty good. I managed to get it for ?10 sealed (which is a pretty lucky deal) and it was worth that, but I wouldn't pay the amount that it normally goes for on ebay. There's a few quite affecting moments in the plot, but I won't give anything away

Comment

i not got a saturn anymore not had for years, just wanted to know what it was like......

Sounds good

Thanks

Comment

Without meaning to be horrible does anyone understand what he says?

Comment

I get that all time, Its either I type too fast for my touch typing, I don't check spelling or I am thick at english writing even though I am english.

I think its the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by paveynick
                Without meaning to be horrible does anyone understand what he says?
                lemme guess, regular Gamefaqs user?
                kidding.

The plot to deep was pretty good, at first. It basically starts, that an asteroid crashes in the sea, disrupting an underwater research facility, and suddenly everyone starts turning into mutant freaks.
                Oh, and your air is running out, so you as chief of security, have to haul ass and get outta there, with as many survivors as possible.
                But all is not what it seems.

Comment

I remember the reviews really slating the game. It was painted as a very feeble attempt aT copying RE. It probably has its fans but I wouldn`t consider it a classic or a must have title.

Spend your money on something new and GOOD.

Comment

I'd say that Deep Fear back when it was released was very nice indeed. I also found it much better than the saturn version of Resident Evil. The game can be a bit slow at times and the English voices (also the same in the Japanese version) are bloody awful but that's what you get for giving it to Americans to dub I recently bought this game again (Japanese version) and found it still to be quite enjoyable but not as good as I remember. The music is really good which is hard to find in games these days. It sets the over all feeling of the game I'd say.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                    X