Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Dragon Advance

Been looking forward to this for sometime

From what I've played so far, it retro goodness all the way. There's plenty of different moves, some great remixed tunes and it seems to be a mixture of both DD 1+II. It's pretty limited, but one of the best examples of its type I've seen for some time, certainly better than Final Fight.

More news, when I can stop playing Harvest Moon

My god, has no one else bought this?

Comment

No but I?m about to. Been checking it out for a while. I just bought MoH Infiltrator (GBA) and a used copy of Final Fight One (GBA) who both is excellent so I have them to finish first.

Comment

Good on you mate, If you like your scrolling beat-em-ups, I can;t see you being disappointed.

Comment

It's on my list to get and I am a huge fan of the arcade original. In fact, it is the only arcade game I have ever finished on 1 credit

Comment

Strider, does the game support two player link up through the whole game with just one cart? If it does, then I'm buying .

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
              Strider, does the game support two player link up through the whole game with just one cart? If it does, then I'm buying .
              Sorry mate, you need to games.

However, they have included a pointless mode that allows you to play a two player game by switching between both characters using the select button

Comment

Ive only played through first few stages. Fun. I don't even mind the changes to the fighting system.

BUt comparing it to the original Double Dragon it looks worse IMO - mainly due to the choice of textures. Mmm....

Comment

Ah, i think its an overall improvement on the classic in every dept' - looks way better, more solid and smoother animations plus new ones too - the music is fine, remixed slightly, plus new weapons such as nunchucks and sticks are cool - i remember playing this on the Sega Master System, was closest thing then, lots of sprite flicker back then but it was the superior version compared to NES any day! hehe, now the only problem with GBA is the fact that it gets very uncomfortable and heavy on the thumb after a while due to excessive button pressing/bashing - almost had cramps after!

All in all very impressed, brings back all the memories!

Comment

absolutely love it

has all the great levels from the original double dragon with a couple of new ones

all the moves are excellent and even the new ones like the block and grab - all the weapons are excellent

if you finish it on hard you get an expert level and finish on that you get 10 credits

managed to finish the game on co-operative 1 player but its a nightmare so the 10 credits came in handy

Comment

Will be buying it soon.

DDII on the NES is probably my fave scroller of all time.

Comment

You got to love those 2d graphics. DD is mint.

(OT Where the heck is the quote buttons )

Comment

Quote buttons been removed due to over usage....

Just had a quick go of this and I'd agree its really good. A nice update to a classic, without getting rid of the old skool feel

Now if Metal Slug Advance is this sweet, I'll be a very happy man

Comment

Wait ages for a quality scroling beat em up and then it arrives whan yr skint ft: Did not even know this was gettin a relase looks amazin bring bck the old skool. Any news on Streets of Rage 2? Surley it's only a matter of time

Comment

I want!!!!111

Where have you guys bought your copies from? Nowhere seems to have stock

Comment

Working...
                              X