Game Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Stars

Another useless awards ceremony/TV show, or a step in the right direction?

Game Stars:

Games and gaming is the fastest growing entertainment pastime in the country. This Easter ITV 1 brings you Game Stars, the first ever opportunity for everyone to be a games TV star and to vote for the nation?s favourite games.

Game Stars combines the biggest ever poll of popular opinion about games and a major tour to find the UK?s Greatest Gamers. We want to find the country?s best gamers, but we also want to involve anyone who likes games ? whether it?s serious gaming for gamers or games for fun with the family, we want to hear from you.
    There's a list of tour dates on the site too, with some more info on the challenges:
    Below is a list of all the titles in the Game Stars Challenge. You will be allocated 3 titles at random to play on the day. All titles are from a selection of games for the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox consoles.
    Burnout 2: Point of Impact
    Tony Hawk?s Pro Skater 4
    Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
    FIFA Football 2003
    TimeSplitters 2
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Dancing Stage: Party Edition
    Project Gotham Racing
    Gran Turismo GT Concept
    Pride FC
    Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex

i point you to exhibit A: ITV 1
    Hence I think the former.

Comment

Wonder if it'll be like a gaming version of Popstars? You have to play a handful of games in front of a panel of judges, and then the token mean judge will begin to bad mouth your racing line in GT Concept and poor combo strings in C vs SNK, basically telling you you've got the gaming skills of a retarded circus chimp. Can't wait! Where do I sign?

Comment

I can see it now.

Favourite games:

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
        The Weakest Link
        The Sims

ft:

Comment

Wow, crash bandicoot wrath of cortex, clearly the game of choice for the nations best gamers..

lol

Comment

Originally posted by shifty_geezer
            I can see it now.

Favourite games:

The Weakest Link
            The Sims

ft:
            And you don't think The Sims deserve some accolades?

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
              Originally posted by shifty_geezer
              I can see it now.

Favourite games:

The Weakest Link
              The Sims

ft:
              And you don't think The Sims deserve some accolades?
              No, its just that its not really a proper game is it? Theres no real aim or skill involved. Surely a games challenge show should have the nations best gamers playing challenging games. Don't you think?

Comment

Burnout 2: Point of Impact
                Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4
                Capcom vs SNK 2 EO
                FIFA Football 2003
                TimeSplitters 2
                Super Monkey Ball 2
                Dancing Stage: Party Edition
                Project Gotham Racing
                Gran Turismo GT Concept
                Pride FC
                Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
                How are you supposed to demonstrate pure l33tn355 on these games? (apart from Capcom vs SNK) - I mean, how they gonna do a Dancing Stage event???? - you cant do dance routines on this game (due to the poorly designed step sheets and apalling mat) and there is nothing more boring than watching a DDR score attack

I hate it here ft:

They should host it on games which people are actively challenging on:

VF4 EVO
                Soul Calibur 2
                Initial D
                Pump It Up: Prex 2

All these games are getting RINSED in the arcades - it would be far more interesting to watch sick gamers who put time into practice their skill. I used to hate watching the clueless twats on Gamesmaster etc

I. Hate. It. Here. - need to move to Japan.

Comment

There's l33tn355 to be had on Monkeyball 2 too - but on the whole, the game selection is big dog's knob.

Comment

Yeah, pretty bad choice of games, although Burnout 2: Point of Impact, Super Monkey Ball 2, Capcom vs SNK 2 EO and maybe TimeSplitters 2 but all the other games don't really make me want to watch it. Some people won't watch it because they dont llike gamnes, others will be disappointed

Comment

Working...
                    X