all the features of the PC version
    looks amazing on the handheld
    its sim city but portable
    the gameplay is intact
    controls work really well after an intial panic
    highly addictive

bad =

some scenarios have been ripped out
    some menu screens are designed a bit wierd as if the people converting didnt bother to think of how people will actually play the game
    its completely souless... they took out the llama humour
    it doesnt seem to want to tell you how many residents there are in your city
    on the disasters it automatically sets the game speed to maximum which makes it almost impossible to put out fires and the like with the GBA's d-pad
    not as good as sim city on the snes despite looking better

-- its pretty much what i expected, a cheap/bland/souless port of an all time classic.. still good fun and offers endless gameplay that you can just dip in and out of anytime. hopefully they'll get some more games of this genre out on the console now .. and not let the same people convert it :/

Ahhh... it's all about Sim City on the SNES. I was **** at it back in the day - my cities were always bankrupt and deserted - but I loved it to bits nonetheless.
    Bring back Mr Wright, I say. And bring back the 'Bowser' disaster too

Comment

I really wish they'd convert the SNES version of Sim City. I could play that all day. Dr. Wright deserves another day in the sun.

Comment

Mr Wright is a bit like Prof Gadd, no? well, except for the green hair, but that was simply for gangsta effect

Comment

For some reason I was really good at SNES Sim City and then really **** at Sim City 2000 - all my towns were also bankrupt and traffic/pollution/crime ridden. Still fun though.

I have the original SimCity2000 for the PC around here somewhere, I might install it when I have a week to waste.

Comment

SNES Sim City was definitely the best version of the game I've ever played. Very basic gameplay compared with the latest versions, but it did feature a good level of Nintendo humour (wasn't there a Mario statue as well as the Bowser disaster?) and great music that captured the essence of the game perfectly...

It's a shame they didn't Nintendo-ise SC2000 for GBA. An opportunity missed!

Comment

Sim City 2 for the N5 launch, goddamit! It would be the proper follow-on to the SNES Simcity, humour and Mr Wright in tact.

And you could load your saved city up as a level in Pilotwings, and fly around it.

Dreams...

Comment

you could do that with the pc version and sim copter.

Comment

Yeah, but imagine Nintendo doing it.

Comment

yeah...and the SNES one was heavy

Comment

Working...
                    X