Naruto: Narutimett Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naruto: Narutimett Hero

Got this through last night, had a quick play.

First thing, the game ISN'T stick friendly. It uses all the shoulder buttons, so you really need a pad to play it.

First thing, the sounds are awful! They sound really low bit-rate, and just really, really bad overall.

It's nothing like the GameCube version, featuring multi-planed stages all fought in a 2d plane, rather than a fully 3d arena. Pressing up/down and jump moves you to another plane, whch creates some interesting arenas, you end up fighting on the telegraph wires ffs!

It's less intuitive than the GC version, but it's far more authentic. It actually features the show's intro song! Character wise it's slightly less than Naruto 2. Fights are introduced with a Manga style strip featuring the characters talking, it looks fantastic! It's no surprise it's sold well in Japan, even if the game itself looks to be seriously inferior to the GC version. More later

Actually i kind of preferred this one over the Gamecube sequel wich i borrowed from a friend today. The game story part is much better executed in the PS2 game, altough it's smaller in perspective the fighting looks alot better.. But is kind of limited when it comes to variety..

What does it offer?
    Story mode with all the characters.. Not very intense, but appreciated.
    (Seeing Hinata beat Neji is nice)
    Mission Mode (You have to achieve different objectives during the fights)
    VS ( I don't use friends, so i don't really care)

There's also TONS of unlockables, all the chakra specials are to be viewed for your pleasure.. ~yay!

The execution of the characters special moves exceeds the gamecubes by miles, they're simply beautiful to watch.. But cannot just be watched upon because you need to press buttons in screen order.. (Probably trying to imitate the seals they make when releasing chakra.)

I don't really have the money for both Naruto games, and i will probably stick with the PS2 version since i enjoy it more than the Gamecube version and the fact that i own the prequel already. But each to their own? yeah maybe..

Comment

I've been playing this a little more, and I can see your points. It's not as intuitive as the GC one, but it looks quite a bit more complex. The 'seals' are ace to do, if not a little repetitive after a while The fights don't seem to flow as well as the GC one either, but that's because it's a totally different kettle of fish. So let's end the comparisons here

How do you pull off the kawarimi? I've seen the enemy use it on me, but I've yet to pull it off on them.

Also, running up walls is ACE!

Comment

kawarimi is the replacement technique right? You have to press guard at the same time you get attacked for that, pretty hard to time it if you ask me but it works a few times. I'm still waiting on my GC Naruto 2 and I've never played the first one so I can't really compare them. This game is cool though, pretty good on 2 player, but I reckon the GC 4 player mode will pwn that

Comment

Yeah, it's the replacement technique. I've only really put about an hour into the game, so i've not mastered that yet

Comment

Working...
          X