refurbished US ps2's from Goblin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

refurbished US ps2's from Goblin

apologies if this isn't appropriate in this forum, but i'm wondering - has anyone bought one of the refurbed ps2s from Goblin? if so have you had any problems with it?
    also, if i wanted to get it modded in the future, would i have any problems (ie. anyone know how how old/new they are?)

thanks.

Hi Korr.

I bought one from Goblin, infact me and a mate bought on each at the same time. We both had problems with the cd/dvd tray for some odd reason. Mine wasn't squarely situated and would catch on the way in and out resulting in stress to the tray drive. My mates problem was that the front piece to the tray actually fell off.

Those were the only problems though, and were soon rectified.

The factory seconds description could mean anything from a slightly marked casing, through drive problems, dud lasers, to knackered mobos really. All of which would/should have been caught, and repaired/replaced at the factory before despatch as reconditioned units.

All in all, you do get what anyone else should expect of a new machine, just with a shorter guarantee and for a cheaper price.

As for the age, well, I bought mine a few months ago (when GTA:VC came out), and it is a v4 machine. I would recommend getting in touch with the sales team at Goblin and asking them what model numbers nad serial numbers they currently hold in stock ready for despatch.

When you have the model and serial numbers, go to the link below for how to work out exactly what version you would get.

hope that helps.

Comment

thanks for your help. i've pretty much decided to get a new premodded pal one off will2003 instead now, since the price is right

Comment

Originally posted by disco-tom
        Hi Korr.

I bought one from Goblin, infact me and a mate bought on each at the same time. We both had problems with the cd/dvd tray for some odd reason. Mine wasn't squarely situated and would catch on the way in and out resulting in stress to the tray drive. My mates problem was that the front piece to the tray actually fell off.

Those were the only problems though, and were soon rectified.

The factory seconds description could mean anything from a slightly marked casing, through drive problems, dud lasers, to knackered mobos really. All of which would/should have been caught, and repaired/replaced at the factory before despatch as reconditioned units.

All in all, you do get what anyone else should expect of a new machine, just with a shorter guarantee and for a cheaper price.

As for the age, well, I bought mine a few months ago (when GTA:VC came out), and it is a v4 machine. I would recommend getting in touch with the sales team at Goblin and asking them what model numbers nad serial numbers they currently hold in stock ready for despatch.

When you have the model and serial numbers, go to the link below for how to work out exactly what version you would get.

hope that helps.
        that's cause you used the disk tray as a cup holder :P

Comment

I got a US refurb one for Goblin. No problems to date, although I would say that I havn't used it much. To be honest it looked like a new machine to my untrained eye.

All I will say is that mine was a V1 console and therefor a bast to mod. So I'm thinking of selling it and picking up a PAL one to mod with Messiah2.

Comment

find out the board rev. Its odd cause madbury's is a v1 and my launch US ps2 is a V3. my chipping went swimmingly

Comment

thats wierd maybe there was some v1 ps2s that were in the us launch

u could be wrong whats the model number ? does it have 10 screw covers or 8 etc ?

Comment

Working...
              X