3DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3DO

You know it, am I the only one who gets misty eyed about the 3DO. Space Hulk, Starfighter, BattleSport, Captain Quazar, Road Rash, Need For Speed, Killing Time. Daisychaining controllers. ARM chip.

Man! Space Hulk! I'd forgotten about that one!

Need for Speed and Road Rash were definative - that guy from Need For Speed used to get on my nerves, but the FMV from Road Rash along with one of the greatest soundtracks for a game EVER easily made up for that. Also, the first time I played Theme Park was on my 3DO. I actually fell in love with Wing Commander III at one point - thanks to the acting talents of both t3h Hamill and Biff from BttF.

Scored some MAD crashes on Need For Speed. The physics were spot on iirc. Best version of NoS going, even now.

EA at their finest if I may say so.

Daisy-chain pads were INNOVATION! They even put a headphone socket in each pad FFS!

Gotta give the system props for decent conversions of SSF2X and Samurai Shodown too.

Never got to play Madden.

The summer of '95 was quite amazing. Thankyou EA + 3DO!! Remeber that totally MAD game-show style game with those WHAK commercials? ****e game though, no matter how funny.

Right now I can think of more reasons for buying another 3DO than an X-Box. I want to play Road Rash.

It'd be great of the 3DO was still going strong with it's 3rd revision currently out - EA could use it as their exclusive platform which would save them polluting the market with their tripe.

Comment

The funny thing is now more than ever an EA console with exclusive content would sell by the bucketload.

Comment

ahh, the 3do.

I do like mine, rather alot.
        Though only for star control 2. I spent close to ?100 just to play this phenomenal masterpiece.

Arguably one of the greatest games of all time, and defnetly on my top 10, heck, maybe even my top 5 games list.

I also like Road rash, battlesport, and return fire is also good.
        But it also had many stinkers.

Still, I highly recomend you seek out SC2. There is a thread in this forum section, well worth tracking down. Now go, find it and enjoy.

Oh, and the whole plugging a second controller ito the first? PURE GENIUS IN A GLASS! No need for multi taps or extra ports, just another controller.

Oh, and no region protection makes it a winner in my book. Imports are uber easy. Though some games like RR lose the soundtrack if its the Japanese version, since the kanji takes up extra memory.

It could have been a contender, but lacked the software.
        Except for SC2. Damn that was a good game.

Comment

DAMN! Return Fire, the ULTIMATE 2 player game with seriously good ingame classical war music.

The great thing was I had a cheapskate Goldstar 3do which crashed at random on Space Hulk, but did I keep playing it? YES! Honestly the scariest game I have played, meeleeing with a Genestealer was bloody scary!

Comment

I used to be into Warhammer 40,000 too - Imagine my surprise when I found out that Space Hulk was basically Blood Angels vs. Tyrranids (sp).

I remember the tension - playing in the dark with headphones after toking on a couple of biftas. Paranoia to the max!!

Comment

OMG space hulk! I used to have an awesome Tyranid army in Wh40k, my Lictors PWNED!!!

I so would love to see a new version of this, I only ever played the PC one, but it was one of my favourite games ever! Them Shock Hammers kick ass, as well as them Lightning Claw equipped Terminators, no guns but they held their own!!!

I must now go and find a 3D0 and this game!!

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
                OMG space hulk! I used to have an awesome Tyranid army in Wh40k, my Lictors PWNED!!!

I so would love to see a new version of this, I only ever played the PC one, but it was one of my favourite games ever! Them Shock Hammers kick ass, as well as them Lightning Claw equipped Terminators, no guns but they held their own!!!

I must now go and find a 3D0 and this game!!
                Meh. Your Tyranids would have perished at the hands of my Ultramarine/Eldar hybrid force. I once played a guy that had nothing but a swarm of 100 Genestealers. The codex stated that that was fine too! LMAO! It was like aliens but worse! The game ended after 4 hours with just 2 of my bottled-out troops and their captain fending off the onslaught within the confines of a sheltered bunker centre-map proper 'ZULU' style - best match anywhere, EVER!! 100x better than any CPU strat. game I've played.

Comment

Why can't they make a decent Games Workshop game since Space Hulk!? I want to play Fire Warrior now

I used to know a manager from GW, I used to get my models for weight price, worked out really cheap

He also gave me Space Hulk the board game!

Comment

dammit this makes me want a 3D0 to sit next to my Jaguar CD

Comment

I loved my 3DO(i wish i still had it) i paid ?400 for it with a free copy of Total Eclipse, i think i also bought FIFA and Road Rash at the same time.
                      I remember just sitting for hours watching the Batman cartoon demo you got with the machine on the sampler disc.
                      A shop near me sold imports and i got copy's of Super street fighter 2 and Samurai showdown for ?50 odd quid each. I was bloody amazed how good they were, i even bought the weird pad Capcom released for Street fighter.
                      Games like The Horde and Powers kingdom were superb, it also had the best version of Flashback. I have endless memories of the 3DO a great machine IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X