Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought whacking them into a large suitcase would do the trick?

That's what I'm going to do, got 30Kgs plus what I can get away with in hand luggage. ^_^ (Although I've got a feeling I'm not going to get anywhere near 30Kgs of stuff...)

Comment

don't they check your luggage though? and when you get back in the UK

Comment

I think you mean the luggage xray check mt50. This hasnt got anything to do with customs, and is to check if youre carrying anything you shouldnt be.
        Customs very rarely check yes, but even then its from more dodgy countries like Jamaica etc. Generally you just walk through the 'nothing to declare' gateway and thats all there is to it.

Comment

in tokyo today, the flight was loooong. Anyway been shopping in akrihaba, but couldnt find most of the stuff i wanted such as a panasonic q and various retro games, can anyone reccommend which shop i can get a Q and some neo geo cd games? going to shinjuku tomorrow.. any reccommendations there? Also had trouble finding the Famicom SP, was sold out everywhere, but i found 3 in the end, also had one shop selling for 100 pounds which was ludicroius. most of the famicom mini games where sold out aswell i got loads of snes keyrings which are cool. Also using my G/F laugage as she is not buying anything 8)

Comment

did you check out trader 2 and softmap in akihabara..you need to check the basements and upstairs of these places otherwise its easy to miss things.
            As for Shinjuku i used to live there. There isn't a great deal of game soft or consoles although the ok softmap there is ok

Comment

i got most things plus lots of bargins on my list lots of stuff to carry home. i went to Shinjuku yesterday, its very manic to say the least it also snowed as well. Went to Ueno today and its a great tourist place.

Comment

Glad your picking up all your stuff
                Whats Sakura hotel like?, what other peple are staying there?
                Any Swedish Au Pairs?

Comment

sakura hotel is okay, got a really small room. Havent noticed the people stayin there because i am only there to sleep, i am out the rest of the time.

on another note, i picked up Castlevainia LOI special edition brand new for 3800 yen which is about 19 pounds. PA.com sell it for 70 pounds

Comment

Ace!!

Comment

How are you gettin on on Tokyo Mingo?
                      What are you getting up to ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
                        got all my stuff except a LE DC and 64DD due to lack of money/lugguage space and lots more aswell. Been all around Tokyo such as Ueno and not just the electronic areas. Also went to Rainbow Bridge and Panasonic centre where i had a quick blast of MG:TS and LoZ:4swords. Some advice, bring more money then you expect to spend - you will see much more stuff that you want that you never planned too, and if you want to use your cashcard to withdraw money the only place that i found accepted my card was Citybank, the closes one to the Sakura Hotel is in Shinjuku i think.

Comment

Originally posted by mingo
                          and if you want to use your cashcard to withdraw money the only place that i found accepted my card was Citybank, the closes one to the Sakura Hotel is in Shinjuku i think.
                          erm...you can also use your debit/credit cards in cash machines in all japanese post office buildings

Comment

I'm back now, got past customs without any problems and wasn't even over weight with my lugguage. I put my Panasonic Q in my hand lugguage and flattened the box and put it in the suitcase.

Comment

Originally posted by mingo
                              I'm back now, got past customs without any problems and wasn't even over weight with my lugguage. I put my Panasonic Q in my hand lugguage and flattened the box and put it in the suitcase.
                              Sounds like a plan, how much did you pay for your Q, by they way?
                              Also, what did you get up to at night?, am i right in thinking you went on your own?

Comment

Sounds like a plan, how much did you pay for your Q, by they way? Also, what did you get up to at night?, am i right in thinking you went on your own?
                                paid ?120 for it, and i went with my Girlfriend so.................

Comment

Working...
                                X