X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mingo
    Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
    Sounds like a plan, how much did you pay for your Q, by they way? Also, what did you get up to at night?, am i right in thinking you went on your own?
    paid ?120 for it, and i went with my Girlfriend so.................
    ?120?, thats some sweet action
    I may have to ad that to the list, i leave Monday, cant wait!

Comment

the Q's are pretty hard to find in the main shops, you need to go to the smaller shops on the side road, i also saw them in Toy's "r" Us for about ?180 new.

Comment

Leave for Tokyo tommorow, on my own, im a bit overwhelmed to be honest.
        Looking forward to getting Twin Snakes on the release day

Comment

What things should you definately have in Japan?

I'm taking a Digital Camera (so I can bore you lot silly with a Diary...) and a MP3 Player and my Laptop as well as a very very useful USB Battery Charger (for MP3 player and Camera...)... ^_^

Anything else that is a must have?

Comment

A camera is a Must, but try to bring as little as possible, you WILL need the luggauge space.

Comment

I have a 30KG Limit and on the unlikely event I exceed that, I have a friend who is visiting London so can bring stuff with him. ^_^

Comment

I have some pictures of me and my gf in japan uploaded now

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Click on Pictures, and 56k beware.

I have loads more but to tired to put them on at the moment

Comment

been in Tokyo for 4 days now, to be honest i have been spending nearly all my time with my Japanese pen(now girl)-friend, she is an absolute cracker. I have had little time for Akiba, i nipped in to buy a SFC and a few games, but found it a TAD dissapointing, i did get most ofthe thing i wanted though.
                  Tokyo is absolutley unbelia****ingble, especially if you have a pretty girl to show you round, we went to a Love-Hotel, very cool, very odd.
                  KOF 2003 is doing brisk business, Gulity GearXX is doing really really well, hard to get on a machine at lunch time.
                  Can anyone reccomend a place to get PCBs?
                  I came here mainly for the games, but i have found other things here much more fun.
                  Has anyone here played that Sega - SerieA multi player game at all, i dont understand it at all.
                  Tips for Tokyo
                  1) Write a fake David Beckham autograph for your Japanese pen-pal, trust me, this will be the best decision you ever made
                  2) errr, do 1) and the rest will follow

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
                    Can anyone reccomend a place to get PCBs?
                    I seem to remember the Akiba backstreets are amazing for that sort of stuff.

Im going to be booking my flight in the next few weeks for a month from around the 10th of June. Tsugoi ne?!

Comment

WonderSwan Color fpr 6 quid today, boxed, very nice!

Comment

There is a shop on one of the roads that runs parallel to the main street quite close to the big LAOX that sells nothing but PCBs.

You'll have to keep a close eye out for it as its got whitewashed windows and just a couple of sun faded arcade posters in the window to identify it.

You'll have to know exactly what you want though as its not the most shopper friendly shop you'll have ever been in.

Comment

Pissed it down in Tokyo yesterday, took refuge in that big Sega Arcade in Akiba, did not win a single game of anything all afternoon, there were some serious gamers in there, girls too!
                          Today went to Ginza and Roppongi with Megumi, very, very nice places. No games at all, enjoyed it anyway
                          Note: Not seen 1 person playing on a GBA all the time ive been here
                          Off to Saitama on Teusday, ill keep a look out for some bargins.
                          The sakura hotel is OK, too many whinging, moaning, fat arsed Americans tho, all requesting Low-Carb food. i will smash one of their fat Republican faces in tommorow.
                          I hate them, just hate them

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
                            Hotel:
                            Juyoh Hotel
                            Second cheapest in Tokyo when I went, and if you dont mind annoying whiny tourists its great, its also only 2 stops from the Akihabara, for those big into games.

Thyve got free net access, green tea machine on each floor, reasonably clean rooms, safes, and even public baths. (never tried those)

Overall a good hotel at a low price, about 2900 Yen a night, which is what? ?14?
                            Otaku Im currently planning this summers trip, and am probably going to be staying here. I have one critical question though, is the air con in the room any good? If you could post some more thoughts on the hotel that would be superb.

I was looking at staying at Sakura again for a few days, but they are now around ?30 a night. Its not worth anything like that price.

Comment

Got a nice phone call from Japanese Airlines (JAL) today telling me the flight I'm coming back on is overbooked, would I come back the next day and in return fly business class and they'll pay half the cost of a hotel. Hmm so would I stay in Tokyo an extra day, get half an extra days accomodation (which will end up being near full cost) and get to fly back in a seat with decent leg room and more free booze? Yes please. ^_^

Comment

Is it worth visiting Sanrio Puyoland? (With a japanese woman with me, I think man in late twenties visiting it alone would raise some eyebrows...) ^_^;

In fact I'm planning to visit

Studio Ghibli Museum
                                a couple of Art Galleries
                                Honda and Toyota centres. ^_^
                                Sony and Panasonic centres. ^_^;

Anywhere else worth a visit? (Cheap or free is good...)

Comment

Working...
                                X