This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MD
    Is it worth visiting Sanrio Puyoland? (With a japanese woman with me, I think man in late twenties visiting it alone would raise some eyebrows...) ^_^;

In fact I'm planning to visit

Studio Ghibli Museum
    a couple of Art Galleries
    Honda and Toyota centres. ^_^
    Sony and Panasonic centres. ^_^;

Anywhere else worth a visit? (Cheap or free is good...)
    Yeah Sanrio puroland is quite cool and beutiful, my GF loves Hello Kitty ect so ..... theres not much there tho, 2 Rides and about 6 live shows. Its worth a visit to Ueno, for the Park and the Market. Also Harajuku is a good place for shopping for clothes and seeing loads of Japanese people dressed up as anime characters.

Comment

you should check out the Sony centre in Ginza mate, there's also a good Softmap around there. Also take your new girlfriend to Ikebukero and go to the Sunshine Plaza. Its a shopping centre but grab the lift to the 251st floor and check out the ****ing view!! amazing mate^^

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
        you should check out the Sony centre in Ginza mate, there's also a good Softmap around there. Also take your new girlfriend to Ikebukero and go to the Sunshine Plaza. Its a shopping centre but grab the lift to the 251st floor and check out the ****ing view!! amazing mate^^
        251st?????

It is called Sunshine 60, or city, and is.... guess?
        60 floors high
        I went with my GF, very nice indeed

Comment

In gate 15 of Narita airport now
          Floods of tears in departures from Megumi, very hard to leave Tokyo behind, especially Megu-chan and Yoshinoya, the best salmon eggs this side of the Pacific.

Tips for Tokyo?
          Well dont let me catch you eating in Mc Donalds, why go to all the way to Tokyo to eat American processed crap?
          Yoshinoya et al are much cheaper, and sooo much nicer.
          Someone here said eat at McDonnalds in Tokyo?, if i see you i will commit and extreme physical discourtesy upon you.
          Sushi bars are just superb, amazing variety, and rarelky more than 130yen/plate
          Roppongi?
          Well they are calling my flight now, i will tell you some great stories when u get back\

Comment

Sh*t sorry mate, i thought it had 251,dunno were that number came from??? I always thought that it was alot higher than that though. Anyway hope you and megumi (chan?lol) are re-united soon matey! i know the UK is gonna seem like **** now..

Comment

Sh*t sorry mate, i thought it had 251,dunno were that number came from??? I always thought that it was alot higher than that though. Anyway hope you and megumi (chan?lol) are re-united soon matey! i know the UK is gonna seem like **** now..
              Cheers, i hope we will be together soon to, however she goes to live in Australia in 6 months to live there 4 a year, so nevermind, Not to be
              God the UK seems pretty bloody awfull, i cant wait to go back to TYO.
              Im going for a month, staying in an apartment, next time, should be great.
              Might give ECC a call while im there!

Comment

What apartment is this you speak of Justin? I'm going for at least a month this summer, and am currently looking around for accommodation.
                The favourite so far is the Juyoh hotel mentioned earlier in this thread, which is just ?14 a night.

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
                  What apartment is this you speak of Justin? I'm going for at least a month this summer, and am currently looking around for accommodation.
                  The favourite so far is the Juyoh hotel mentioned earlier in this thread, which is just ?14 a night.
                  Sakura House, i think.
                  Anyone have any other suggestions for appartments?
                  I quite like Jimbocho, ill look there i reckon

Comment

Ah, thats the apartments who sakura hotel are linked to. I remember hearing about them and seeing various brochures in the hotel. Thanks for reminding me, Ill have a look now.

Comment

I like the look of some of their apartments. One question Justin, Im hoping you can answer it anyway.

This 30,000 yen deposit sakura house require. Is this 30,000 taken off the rental bill, or this is an additional cost?

For example, say theres a apartment on there for 100,000 a month. By paying the deposit, would that just leave 70,000 of the rent to pay?

Either way, it works out cheaper than most hotels, and provides you with lots more freedom and choice. Back of the net!

Comment

Originally posted by dave heats
                        I like the look of some of their apartments. One question Justin, Im hoping you can answer it anyway.

This 30,000 yen deposit sakura house require. Is this 30,000 taken off the rental bill, or this is an additional cost?

For example, say theres a apartment on there for 100,000 a month. By paying the deposit, would that just leave 70,000 of the rent to pay?

Either way, it works out cheaper than most hotels, and provides you with lots more freedom and choice. Back of the net!
                        I cant remember mate, they showed me round an apartment once, but i had been out in Roppongi till 5:30, and had the worse hangover id ever had, so i forgot everything they said, sorry.
                        Pocari Sweat helped cure the hangover by the way, 2 litres of that and 2 of that 370Yen mixed Fruit/Veg drink cleared me up later that afternoon however.

Comment

that 30,000Y is only a deposit you get it back when you leave! or if they trust you they will knock it off your last bill...hope that helps

Comment

that 30,000Y is only a deposit you get it back when you leave! or if they trust you they will knock it off your last bill...hope that helps
                            Have you used Sakura house before?, or had an apartment in TYO?
                            Cheers

Comment

your best bet is to become a "Himo", life comes free with luxuary

Enjoy..hehehe

Comment

Some general tips for your Japan visit
                                Yoshinoya et al are wonderfull, really cheap but really nice quick food. They are not a place for chit-chat, you go in, point to what you want, eat it double quick, and your gone. Jimbo-cho is full of great noodle bars like this.
                                You can very easily get by on 10 quid a day for food.
                                If your flagging after walking around all day, but a 2litre bottle of Pocari Sweat(200Yen), it really helps your energy levels, really great stuff, and amaxzing for curing a hangover.
                                AsoBitCity is a bit **** really, i know its moving location, but you wont fond any rarities or bargains there, they have a bigger selection at HMV, im not joking.
                                Someone said they could spend a whole day there, doing what exactly?
                                Trader shops are great for 2nd hand stuff, as were 2 other stores hidden away, towards the far end of the main street, away from the station.
                                Look for small SALE shops, they have clearance stock going for piss-all most of the time.
                                If you cant seem to find many games shops, and you cant read Japanese, look for a sign which says "TV", this usually means videogames on that floor.
                                You have to go for at least 3 weeks, anything shorter is just 2 short, not enough tme to enjoy it.
                                If you go to Roppongi, stay out untill 5:30, be a man.

Sakura hotal is OK, there are 5 staff members, here is my review of them
                                Night Guy, young frizzy hair - Un-helpfull, , and a bit shy. Not up to normal Japanese politeness, anal about the internet, didnt care about problems you had with the hotel.

Woman, never saw her smile once, really miserable and unhelpfull, pissed me off no end, by charging me for checking out of my room 10 mins late.

Middle aged guy, again unhelpfull, didn't give a ****, really anal about the internet, charged me for time i spent on the PC trying to fix it. Git

Middle guy, with glasses, sound guy, really helpfull, no problem with anything, nice guy, wanted you to enjoy your stay

Older guy, great guy, really helpfull, lots of suggestions, liked to chat, was interested in helping you enjoy your stay, nice man.

They seem to be aiming more for a Japanese crowd now, place was full at lunchtime with cheapo sallarymen. They seemd to be changing focus, away from gaijin.
                                there u go
                                more later[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X