NTSC 3.58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC 3.58

I read the Import FAQ about the different NTSC signals (3.58/4.43). I've got a Widescreen TV 28", 100 Hz that is compatible with NTSC 4.43 signals (I mailed the manufacturer to be sure). However, they said that it was not compatible with NTSC 3.58, does this mean I won't be able to use a US Gamecube with it?

If your tv could output RGB (pretty hard to find one that doesn't nowadays) then you could get colour via the modded RGB cable if your tv can't do 3.58.

Comment

This does seem to the be the problem nowadays. I was at Retrovision 3, and brought my Jap GC along to use Zelda, Ikaruga etc on it. Every single TV with a Scart socket (10+) took a 60Hz signal but all gave me a b&w picture, showing they didn't support NTSC3.58. Even the huge massive widescreen TV by the bar. I now have a RGB cable for it (thanks Saurian) so hopefully those problems with be eliminated now...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

it'll will be in black &white if its not 3.58 compatible, why not get one of those nice rgb cables off saurian then you wil be sorted

Comment

Please post the make of the TV. Most Japanese manufacturers support NTSC-U and NTSC-J. My old Sony Wega did thats for sure.

Regards,
          Neil.

Comment

Ok, thanks! But I decided to go with the PAL GC instead, more convenient since I live in Sweden (no NTSC RGB cables here). Buying the Freeloader instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody
              Ok, thanks! But I decided to go with the PAL GC instead, more convenient since I live in Sweden (no NTSC RGB cables here). Buying the Freeloader instead.
              Good luck with freeloader, I hear as of March 24th (Zelda) for GC titles its outta date :/ tho we won't know til then.

Comment

Working...
              X