F-Zero AX Monster ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F-Zero AX Monster ride!

I feel it's THE best motion ride game ever! The handling is different from standard AX and even GX - for a start you cant hit both airbrakes at once to drift; instead you pump the brake to start the drift and use opposite airbrake + countersteer to keep the back end out. The handling is much heavier than AX (more like GX after calibration), the feedback harder and the steering wheel moves a lot further in each direction which makes it feel even more different than AX (much better)
    You got a good monitor displaying the game in prog scan, front and rear speakers, wicked bucket seat - but no card or memory card support.

I picked AX Lightning....playing this on the Gamecube I felt was a total rush but I wasnt ready for this! On GO! The machine lurches forward pushing you back in your seat which feels wicked, it tips and dives with the curve of the course, throws you sideways when you drift - no joke, it's superb it matches the game perfectly and it's REALLY smooth. 2nd lap when the booster kicks in was just GRIME, the machine's motion jumps up 10 or so notches along with the game's speed and it was THE heaviest race I ever had on a game - that section where you do a massive jump and land on a VERY bumpy section of road; that was SICK - the motion of the cabinet matches the jump perfectly, when you point the nose down the machine does a mad nose dive - you land back on the track and it bangs about so much during the bumpy section manz had to boost over it next time! Got 1st place! LOVE IT!

Damn man, That machine looks GUTTER! Where did you get to play it?

Comment

ATEI show in Earls Court -

The game is just FILTH!

Comment

Barstewards! I wish I'd gone now, I haven't yet played FZ AX!

Any idea on a proper release date for this?

Comment

Judging by the way you stepped out of the cab shaking I could see you were enjoying yourself.

Comment

****, if I had have known I would have been in the house.
            Any other naughty cabs there Saur?

Comment

Not much -

They had a big bank of Outrun cabs - REALLY loud too (loud like - you cant hear anything after playing it loud!)

Guilty Gear Isuka was there, I didnt play it but I watched a few matches - looks insane!

Comment

I have a mental image of Saur getting out of *that* machine, like that guy on that TV ad for the bank where he does the dancing, stands up dizzy and falls through the shop window

Comment

I bet he had his gansta lean on in the cab. Trying to pimp it then was like WTF!! when it started kickin' off

Comment

There's a video here: (some brer driving like a granny)

Love how it's always tilted back to push you back in your seat!

Comment

Next pictue in sequence must be you giving the bloke LARGE 5 across the eyes tellin' him to get out for he gets beaten like a ginger stepchild.

Comment

"Beaten like a ginger stepchild" !!1111 BWAAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAA!!11

Comment

for a start you cant hit both airbrakes at once to drift; instead you pump the brake to start the drift and use opposite airbrake + countersteer to keep the back end out.
                          That's where I was going wrong, trying to play it like gx 5th place , still it felt incredible, when you hit boost it's almost like g-force pushing you back in your seat
                          Don't have a full meal when getting on this machine, liable to have it resurface on your lap

edit: on an added note not sure why they couldn't have integrated the card and memory card system into it as well, a nice slot on the outside would have been good,
                          even though other sit down cabs had the card system it's a much more exilarating experience on the hydraulic cab version .

Comment

It took me 1 corner to learn the new handling!

U know why?

It's because I'm Bunta - not Takumi......BUNTA!......dont argue. ft:

Comment

That looks incredible, wonder when they'll get one in Sheffield

Comment

Working...
                              X