E-BAY & Super Play Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-BAY & Super Play Madness

The full collection of super play magazines complete sold for 200 quid!!

I have a nice collection of s/play but would never have valued them at that price.

Its nuts.

Well there was only one bidder now... still that's ?4 per issue abouts. Wonder what mine are worth, considering I still have all the freebies from them, plus the one-off annual, AND they are all in binders
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I'd pay ?100 for them if it was a complete collection although that auction has absolutley no photographic evidence. I hope they aren't all soggy and crumpled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
        Well there was only one bidder now... still that's ?4 per issue abouts. Wonder what mine are worth, considering I still have all the freebies from them, plus the one-off annual, AND they are all in binders

whoa, I have lost all the freebies and dont have any binders and Im about 12 issues short of the complete run.

Youre making me jealous.

did you notice my avatar by chance

Comment

w00t, I have a complete run with extras

I also have an extra #1 still with the pin badge.

That is really silly money though, Superplay is good, but its not worth ?200 for the set.

I wonder if its Wil Overton's artwork thats pushing up the price?

Comment

Personally I would say ?200 is good money for them. It's a classic gaming magazine with word-of-mouth praise pretty much like Zzap!64 was back in the mid 80s. And I'm finding more people that are after copies of it

Comment

My issue 1 has the last 50 pages double printed, meaning I have 1.5 magazines technically.

Did anyone else get this? Or was it just my freak luck that I got the last half of someone elses mag, attatched to mine?

ends, and then the last 50 or so pages just repeats. Wierd.

Oh and nice avatar, we actually have Wil hanging around on the site sometimes. Check the retro mag topic in this forum.

Comment

i picked up every copy of mean machines off ebay last year sometime for 35quid all in mint condition too. My old ones are in a state now with all the covers missing:x

Comment

I sold my colection for ?180, all were in thier original plastic wrappers, complete with special ediations, badges, inserts and calenders. I need the money at the time

Comment

I sold my colection for ?180, all were in thier original plastic wrappers, complete with special ediations, badges, inserts and calenders. I need the money at the time

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anybody fancy a selection of chromalin proofs of various SP covers (lovely and shiny!) including dummy issue 1 covers before I finished the final artwork plus the original artwork for any issue where it wasn't digital?

Yours for a fiver!

Wil

Comment

Each or total?

Yeah I'd be interested... pity I never got to meet you mate, so you could sign some of my collection

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
                              My issue 1 has the last 50 pages double printed, meaning I have 1.5 magazines technically.

Did anyone else get this? Or was it just my freak luck that I got the last half of someone elses mag, attatched to mine?

ends, and then the last 50 or so pages just repeats. Wierd.

NO WAY !!!

my issue 1 has the last fifty pages missing, so technically you owe me those pages

Comment

Working...
                              X