Samba Amigo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samba Amigo

I have heard alot about this game and controller since I arrived on this forum but I have never heard of it before.

I know it is highly collectible and a beat rythm game like DDR but thats it.

Whats all the fuss about, what makes this game so special/different from the rest.

Im not into DDR games so is it worth buying or do you need to like the genre to get a feel for it.

cheers

Its got a monkey in it therefore it has to be good. It is an entertaining game but personally I only feel it works if there is more than one player as on your own it doesnt have the same appeal. In multiplayer it rivals any rhythm action game I have played but sadly my friends dont like to look tits whilst playing games so I ended up getting rid of my copy.
    The songs are good, and the official maraccas are excellent. But if you dont like rhythm action games it probably isnt for you, especially considering the price tag.

Comment

Samba is a great game, even if DDR isn't your thing. The maracas make for some crazy evenings. I agree with lordcookie, it's more of a multiplayer title, that's where the most fun is to be had.
      The official set is very expensive so I wouldn't advise spending about ?150 on it if you're not sure, however a copy of the US game on it's own will cost ?20, and play-asia do sets of cha cha maracas for ?25 per pair which are more than suitable. If you find enough interested parties you could probably get a discount on the maracas with a bulk buy aswell.

Comment

As someone who bough cha chas - dont bother mine never worked at all and I know of so many people who have had problems thay are not worth it. I got my official ones from Tokuda, unboxed for ?50 with a JP game for a tenner so ?60 isnt bad at all in my view.

Comment

It is a great game. I have fun playing it by myself because it is fun to play but it is ten times better with a friend. The problem is that after you have spent a fortune on the maracas and game it is really hard to find someone who wants to play along since you look so silly.

Comment

Hhmmm

Im still undecided.

Comment

Working...
            X