The value of Terranigma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The value of Terranigma

Should one wish to sell one's minty mint PAL copy of Terranigma, how much could one expect to get?

One remembers in an Edge retro special it was valued at a fair amount, but one has been informed that their valuations were a way off.

One should expect a bloody stupid price for it, it seems.

Complete and mint copies tend to go for about ?70 on ebay!

Comment

?70 would make one very happy - one could put the proceeds towards Radiant Silvergun

Comment

It used to go for ?40 max and about ?20 for the cart only on ebay before EDGE retro decided to over value it Since then everyone has been sticking them on at much higher prices.

Comment

Bah, and Whizz Kids got my mint barely used copy for ?5 all those years ago...

Comment

There was one sold complete and mint on ebay a few weeks ago for ?85 +pp.

To be honest I would pay max ?60 for any classic/collectible item but things are going a bit nuts just now.

Its a sellers market just now.

Comment

get it on quick as prices are dropping.

like the white saturns that were fetching ?200+ after the edge article they are now back to ?70 odd.

There a complete terranigma for ?50 odd recently, but if you put buy it now for ?70 I bet you would get it

Comment

Grrrr I sold my copy of this years ago for about ?7.

Je Suis un fool.

(did the same thing with Castlevainia SOTN....only to buy it back last year at three times what I originally paid for it *sigh*)

Anyway Terra isn't really worth ?70 except to mad collecting types....its easily the weakest of the Enix SNES action RPGs. Only has rarity value because it got a small European print run and no US one at all

Comment

Most of the Terras I've seen on eBay have been in Australia actually...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

funny you should ask
                    I have 1 for sale on Ebay now
                    look http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...gory=3603&rd=1

V reluctant seller, hence the price

Comment

My copy along with book and map, and even cart baggie is totally 'like new'. Paid ?35 for it back in 2001.

Not even thinking of selling it.

Got PAL Secret of Evermore and Harvest Moon as well.

EDIT: Also found a mint PAL Lufia (it's actually Lufia II I believe) last night that I forgot I had.

EDIT2: Yeah, I love Terranigma too - great game IMO, one of the SNESs best. The opening titles grab you instantly and simply don't let go.

Comment

Don't think I'd sell mine, even for that much.

I that game.
                        And I'd totally regret selling it. My friend on the fogu.com terranigma forums (back when they actually had people on them) sold me his for ?5 Woohooo!

Comment

Probably not the place, but I never thought much of it. Stat-based Zelda rip-off, with an overemphasise on levlling up, and useless magic powers that didn't work half the time in boss encounters.

Excellent music and plot though.

Comment

I sold an immaculate one for ?97 a while back. Was expecting a decent price, but not quite that much.

Comment

Funny thing is people look the price of the games on ebay and say they are not worth that price but I think alot of people forget that they were alot more, in realtive terms, when new.

I remember when Terranigna came out a few places had it at ?49.99 and some at ?39.99, however a couple of indys were charging ?59.99.
                              So ?60 for what is now considered collectible is a great price really, and not only is it collectible it is also a good game that will give you hours of play.

What about the old Atari, Intellivision and coleco carts, most of them were ?30-40 and you would get a whole hour out of most before you were totally bored ****less.

Anyway I'm babbling, the reason I replied was to find out what the lockout protection is on Terranigma, I have never owned a Pal Snes and I know it doesnt work with alot of connverters if any, so is it based on frequency ie. 60hz detection or on the lockout chip, or maybe both ???

If I switch one of my old US snes systems for lockout and 50/60hz could I get it to boot ??
                              or maybe use a converter to get round the lockout chip and switch the snes to 50hz ??

any know???

Comment

Working...
                              X