Sword Of Mana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword Of Mana

Just played this for 3 hours seems very good with out being spectacular, the graphics and artwork are supberb but its strangely basic for a square game especially the leveling up system. The game itself seems to have a decent challenge especially the boss encounters.

More Later

It's okay as it goes. Although, I found it a bit easy myself when I managed to level up to a Weapon Master class and the boss-fights became short work.

Comment

Originally posted by sithlordx
      ........ but its strangely basic for a square game especially the leveling up system.

I thought it was a remake of Seiken Densetsu, the first game in the series ?? Final Fantasy Adventure in the west, thats why it would seem basic.

let us know what you think after you have played it a little more, thinking of getting a gb player so I can play this.

Comment

I've just started playing through Secret of Mana for the first time this week. Great fun... I'm playing it in co-op with a mate, going a bit further each day. At the moment, though, my Spite Child is proper ****. Why did I let him take the sword *and* the spear? Grumble, etc.

But anyway... surely Sword of Mana is lacking without a co-op mode? I can't imagine Secret being half as much fun on my tod.

Comment

I played secret through on my own when I moved away for a bit and it is still my favourite game ever, but the ai of the other characters did let it down a bit so i imagine playing with others would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
            But anyway... surely Sword of Mana is lacking without a co-op mode? I can't imagine Secret being half as much fun on my tod.
            But it's got one - only catch is you have to link two GBAs together. Doesn't make what's a basic and somewhat lacking adventure any better though...

Comment

Such a shame

Secret of Mana remains my fave rpg - have such fond memories of playing it with my brother and best m8 (many, many times)

Being able to share an adventure makes so much difference - more co-op devs.

Comment

Working...
              X