New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and current FS anime Topic

Welli've decided to make a topic based on all the current and new fansubbed anime, being there reallys seems to be no place to talk about them in the other anime topic's, basically this will be about stuff we're all currently watching, new shows etc,etc. So discuss your current naruto or Full Metal Alchemist ep's etc,etc here.

----helpful info----

Can't give direction links but using google won't be challenge, so have a look for ?baka updates? and ?tokyotosho?, between the sites you'll know about every new release for every show all the time, and get links to homewebsites of Fansub groups and IRC addresses to hunt down older releases, also if you have knowledge of the Alt.Binaries groups then Alt.Binaries.Multimedia.Anime(and ABMA.repost) provide another resource, and regularly have people posting older shows in bulk, specially in repost.

---------

New to anime? Looking to something get into, then take a look at the current Popular shows

Naruto - pretty much every anime fan has at least watched one episode or read one chapter of this Story about an Outcasted ninja kid, trying to make the world recognise him for the great ninja he say?s he?ll become, instead of a container for much feared Demon. His adventures takes him through tough training, group mission?s and deadly exams in which he?ll make and lose new friends while fighting for his ?Way of Ninja? which usually involves him taking a beating to protect his friends.

Fansub groups ? For earlier episode either ToriyamaWorld(TW) or ANBU+Aone are quality subs, but TW stopped around ep 50 and are very hard to find, so go the ANBU+Aone route. There are 130+ eps and still going out and the current Fansubbing groups have changed recently after the show was Licensed to be butched on Cartoon Network. So look for either Aone for quality subs, they are usually a week behind on the current aired TV episode. The other is Dattebayo who Speed sub naruto to a above passable watch in exchange getting the episode 1-2 days after it aired in Japan.

Yakitate Japan 40+ep subbed so far of tournament Bread making, very good stuff.

One Piece 160+ep subbed(240raw), Naurto with pirates minus the training filler, stupid power ups and tournaments (better than Naruto i reckon)

---------

Current new shows (Q4) - I'll up date this everytime as new season starts so i don't lose it in pages like normal!

Gun Buster2 ep4(oct 28th) - i'm really, really looking forward to this one, i hope my fanboy dreams of what i expect to turn up on Mars aren't dashed. Still waiting on it!

Mai-Otome - 'sequel' to Mai-Hime set the same characters(looks and personality wise), Costume?s now replace robots and the cast gets even larger, animation, art and sound are top quality.

Jigoku Shoujo ? One off eps shows people taking revenge on there tormentors, via the use of an Internet page that appears at a certain time, will they, won?t pay the price needed to take ultimate revenge on there most hated person.

Gunparade Orchestra - New Gunparade, i like G:March, hope this will be more of the same. Still not out yet.

Black Lagoon - Super Gun-Action, features pirates and Nazi's

Angel Heart - Super Assassin gets new heart after attempted suicide(by the people that turned her into assassin), has strange dreams and sets off to find out about her heart donor and Heart donor?s lover, seems to be based in he same universe as City Hunter (if any one can remember that), Old school art, not seen how good the animation is for the action scene as now have happened yet.

Black Cat ? Assassins and Sweepers colliding with on another other targets. Animation and style is very similar to brilliant Get Backers.

Blood+ - tv series of the vampire movie, Big Budget shows in the animation and art as Vampire Killing machine regains her memories, well trying to deal with her current personality.

Kashimashi - boy with broken heart, runs away, gets caught up in alien spaceship crash, becomes a girl... not seen yet.

Noein - one to watch, same people at Eureka7 animation, story and the characters look top, alternate dimension wars, and time traveling. After the 1st episode I?m still none wiser as to what?s going on, opens with a fantastical flying battle before jumping into modern life.

Cluster Edge - Fantasy world + airplane military school, art looks ok, animation is awful. If your no found campness or bishi shows stay well clear.

Mushishi ? Follows a Mushi hunter, Mushi?s being life forms that as monster and spirit like life-forms on something similar to FF7 lifestream. Seems to be one off stories so far, following humans interaction with the Mushi. Strong art, animation and sound.

Immortal Grand Prix - CG mecha stuff similar to B.Tenshi ART, hopefully not as bad. Not seen yet

Idaten Jump - Bike racing... well Yukitake can make bread interesting... Not Seen.

Capeta ? go kart racing and horrible at that, every character will have you wishing death curses on them. Using a mix of CGI for racing. Stay clear.

Hotori-Tada Saiwai wo Koinegau ? One off OVA I think. Robots with personalities and memories of dead people planted in them, trained to act like the dead would have. Robot meets a Human girl losing her memory, while Robot is making new ones he doesn?t want. Script won award. Average art/animation nothing that would spoil the story.

Aria - future half sunken cities, Girl?s training in the labyrinths of cannels through one city with dreams of owning her own Boat, very slice of life. Good Art and likeable characters.

Solty Rei - GONZO's new animation, robot girl becomes a bounty hunter, who doesn't know her past. Enjoyable if predictable, certainly worth watch 1 or 2eps.

others...
    Paradise Kiss - surprise of the season, slice of life from the fashion world to replace the equally as excellent Honey?n?Clover

Heart2 - ?sequel? waiting description
    Canvas2 - ?sequel? waiting description
    Lamune, H-game Harlem
    Happy7, 7 magic girl complete with costumes, terribale story and animation even for the usual magical girl shows. Miss

Shakugan no Shana ? Spirit eating monster?s, spirit hunters and ?replacement souls? of eaten humans called torches to lessen the impact of souls being destroyed. Follows a hunter called Flame Haze and a torch with a hidden ?something? in it when they meet during a fight.
    Last edited by Tobal; 09-11-2005, 13:30.

I'll start with new stuff I've started watching

Mezzo DSA - well if you've read the other topic on this, you'll see im quite the fan, but sadly after the brilliant start, i been let down by a dodgy ep 3 and in parts unfunny and boring ep04, i really hoping the show gets better.

Dapline In the Brilliant Blue - new out last month, about a homeless girl joining a group of merc's for hire, in very skimpy outfits that i might as well not be there as all, basically think Getbackers with guns and no underlying bishi theme . Quite good so far, worth watching till the 3rd ep if anyone interested in it.

Ghost in the Shell - SAC 2nd gig - left off where the 1st series ended, with more the same goodness from the story to the animation/music, 2 eps out so far. Can't say i like the new opening though, the 1st series OP was better.

Divergence Eve - Misaki Chronic - 2nd series of the awful 1st , quilty pleasure of mine, huge boobs on every girl, really bad CGI and over complicated plot with more holes than swiss cheese. This time the series goes back in time to a retelling of the past events that lead Misaki to Watcher Nest in the 1st series, but a key difference this time round "Time/dimension travel" god knows which, only 1ep out so far.

----

Caught up with Gash no Bell! today ep 14&15, with more emotional demon kid vs kid fights, its best you watch them together.

Originally posted by spoiler
    I always love it when Gash take huge beating, trying protect someone. specially when we get Tio's past and her will to stop Mars beating the crap out her and her master , then Gash shows up trusting as ever, taking a beating till Tio can make up her mind to trust him, still Mars attacks seemed a be weird to be all mace like attacks, when we've mostly seen elemental types. Well at least we've mit all the main goods guys so far, just leaving the main badgirl to show up with psycho flame power included.
    Last edited by Tobal; 12-05-2005, 23:10.

Comment

I'm loving Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo - it's so funny!

It's about a brer with a big yellow fro who's fighting this gang that steals people's hair.

Comment

Saur - did you ever get the Bobobo game?

Comment

Downloading Bobobo...

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
            Saur - did you ever get the Bobobo game?
            Nope never got to play it

The anime is class tho man! he proper hates that little pickle! I wouldnt want that stank little character hanging around in my series, but Bobobo locks him off every time proper COLD!

Comment

Quality! I still must buy this game! Wonder who'll be able to source it for me though >_<

Comment

I just watched it!

OMFG!!!! That was too funny!

Comment

I've seen the RAW's up for Bobobo but not any subs, anyone subbing them or are u watching them RAW?

Wolf Rain dvd eps have been out for the last few weeks, so i finally watched ep 27/28, more good stuff continuing off where the 'ending' happened, pretty much explains most of what happened with the nobles 'paradise', more good animation/music again, though the quality of the picture wasn't that good from Wolfnick. (though there little message in the OP made me laugh "Friends don't let Friends, watch Animejunkies)

Originally posted by spoiler
                  I wasn't expecting Cher to go like that, it was pretty sadding. Such a simple death from out the blue, i had guessed something was going to happen like the old man dieing soon, as the party was to full, but not cher's trip down the cliff. And now we get Dacia back for revenge, and some more flashbacks with the old geezer so it looks like his family was destroyed by wolfs and Jagara, plus it looks like Toboe's gone too and the old man certainly a gonner

Comment

Subs. It's on animesuki.

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                      I just watched it!

OMFG!!!! That was too funny!
                      Blatant!

I love how he keeps DARKING up that little pickle thing!

Comment

Just watched Naruto 70.
                        Pretty dull. It's frustrating waiting a week for each episode. I just KNOW something big's about to happen, but don't know when. That Asuma bit was pretty tasty.

As for next week's preview....oh dear. The animation is looking pretty ropey.

I would REALLY like some more...

ボボボーボ ボーボボ!!!1!

Comment

Any new movies of note coming out does anyone know? Series r so expensive n theres so many. Ghost in the Shell 2 is in production i know n i'm sure live action Evangelion will get released soon ish. Any u guys can think of. Last movie i watched ws Nadesico movie quite cool but not as much comedy as the series.

Comment

Naruto is getting a movie soon.

Are you on a broadband connection?
                            If so, just watch some current anime.
                            Easy to get on bittorrent. And quite legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                              Are you on a broadband connection?
                              If so, just watch some current anime.
                              Easy to get on bittorrent. And quite legal.

anyway, the ichi movie (anime version) is supposedly being released at the end of month as well so thats something to look forward to.

on the subject of current anime, the new mezzo finally started to fulfil the potential shown by the first episode. a kinda homage to tarantino-esque directing (jackie brown mainly) the story pans out quite well even managing to tie itself to the ova's.

FMA (Full Metal Alchemist) was pretty cool this week, slightly to light-hearted for the past few episodes (this one included) which is a bit of a dissapointment, even for me a fully fledged comedy maniac (i.e. i prefer comedy infinetly to drama, tobal will back this up) as it seemed to have a very well paced storyline with dramatic tendencies.

POT (Prince Of Tennis) well its starting to become regular again now that a-o have some competition, this weeks was a filler but a good one with fuji for one showing a lot of emotion and echizen picking a fight with the best of the best (as usual), hopefully the final will finally start soon (doubt it though as there actually ahead of the manga) but who cares when the characters are this good.

Comment

Working...
                              X