• Show
Clear All

My Sakura unit has arrived; easy importing

Shipping day 7 March - from Lai Chi Kok, HongKong
    Arrival day 11 March, yesterday but I wasn?t home, so I got it today
    Carrier DHL
    Price 299 USD
    Shipping cost free
    Tax 0 ? Some Yesasia representative / local agent paid the import duty at Landvetter/Sweden airport. Based on 500 HKD marked down 'electronic' like the invoice says.

What can I say, Yesasia.com is an importers dream. The PS2 Sakura box is pink like the unit SCPH-39000 SA.

It?s cool?

WOW, well done .. They don't seem to have any in stock at the moment, but I think I'll grab one when they do 8)

Comment

They have come and gone at Yesasia since the release, when there was a 'in stock' gap I took the chance ? I had to wait a week for the ?searching for supplier? sign to change to preparing order in my online account pref.

Comment

I knew the AV cable that followed with the unit was going to be ****, so I took my imported scart cable that I use with my PAL Psone and put the Sys Config. Component Video Out in RGB mode.

Now I have an incredible clean and good picture with good colours and objects with sharp edges. I know I?ve done something right but what have I done? Do I have a clean RGB signal right in to my Sony Wega?

Comment

Yep, looks like you are now using a RGB SCART cable with RGB enabled in the options

Comment

Great!

"RGB enabled" - is this something new for the latest versions of PS2?

btw you can have English language option for the menu?s

Here is the Version Information:
            Console SCHP-39000
            Browser 1.20
            CD Player 1.20
            PlayStation Driver 1.01
            DVD Player 2.16

And what does this do under Console SC.. ; Diagnosis on/off ??

Sorry for being such a newbe - I have been importing for several years

Comment

All PS2s are RGB capable In fact most consoles are.

I'm not too sure about the diagnosis option - some sort of way of testing the laser I think ? Can anyone else elaborate ? :P

Comment

Yes, your right I?m confusing things here, lets say I have a very good TV? which I can thank some of the people here and there advice in choosing the right telly.

Thanks Tak

Comment

Anyone else know where i can get a Ltd Edition Silver PS2 - I've asked Tok but he's not available at the moment so thinking about seeking other sources (dont want to just getting impatient)

Cheers

Tommy

Comment

Don?t know their supply but check out

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

nice, was good of yesasia to pay the customs charge

why u wanted a pink ps2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                        why u wanted a pink ps2 ?
                        I think all three colours are 'hot' and I liked the shades of pink it has. It?s light pink with much white in the mix.

Comment

nice not too bright then. i dont know which one to go for the blue or silver

you getting it modded or you keeping it jap only ?

did u get a stand with yours

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                            nice not too bright then. i dont know which one to go for the blue or silver

you getting it modded or you keeping it jap only ?

did u get a stand with yours
                            No I will keep it jap only, this is my first piece for my little Initial D project. I have shooters and music and more arcade race games on the agenda for it to.

No It stands vertical safe without the stand between my tv and cube/psone

Comment

The Diagnostic option is for DVD video playback so I understand.

Not sure eactly what it diagnoses, but at least it does... something... maybe.

I'll be picking up a Japanese machine in time for the June release of Initial D. That game is going to rock my world.

Comment

Working...
                              X