Selling pc engine collection help & advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling pc engine collection help & advice needed

I have finally bitten the bullet & decided to get rid of my pce collection as i never play it any more.

So i need eveyones help as to what it's worth selling for as i dont want to put it too low & i dont want to put it in the selling thread till i have a idea on price.

Iv tried to be as honest as possible when grading the condition.

Anyway heres whats in the collection
    ------------------------------------------
    Unboxed White JPN PCE CD rom briefcase setup, the pce has been converted to RGB by VGI and has a signal booster built into the conversion. Comes with r/w/y video leads but i lost the RGB cable for it. also has super system card which is pretty yellow but works fine.

Condition is good but slightly off white. also cd rom is a bit tempremental it works about 95% of the time probably just needs a cd lens cleaner.

Jpn PCE GT fully boxed with all manuals & strap.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    The unit is scuffed & worn from years of playing so its more in a players condition than a collector piece. the screen is in good condition and has 2 tiny marks but they are on the edge of the playing area. the sound is quiet when you 1st turn it on but after a while it becomes loud again (no idea why) through the headphones its absolutely fine. only 1 dead pixel on the screen and it dosent affect gameplay as its near the edge.

the games Hu cards (all very good condition unless stated)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alien crush
    Makai prince dorabo chan
    Galaga
    Klax
    Bikkuri man world (wonderboy in monster world)
    PC genjin (back cover on manual has some sort of coffee stain on it??)
    PC genjin 2
    PC genjin 3
    PC Denjin (air zonk)
    Bomberman 93
    Bomberman 94

cd games (all complete / vey good condition unless stated)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bomberman panic bomber
    cotton
    3X3 eyes
    Devil hunter yoko
    Dragon knight 2
    Dragon knight 3
    CD denjin (air zonk cd ver)
    Tenchi muyo
    Rainbow islands (totally mint)
    Dynastic hero (wondeboy type game)
    Star parodia

My knowledge of prices is a bit patchy, but some general points:

One, ditch the composite lead and get an RGB SCART lead immediately! The (rather difficult to perform) RGB mod is pointless using a comp lead

I know an RGB modded white PCE in slightly yellowed condition is worth about ?60 or so, but no idea about the CD ROM add-on.

Air Zonk looks like your most valuable Hu-Card (I'll have it off you if you're selling ), but I'm clueless about CD ROM values.

Have a look at completed sales on ebay.co.uk and .com. That should help

Comment

The signal booster for VGI's mod is inside the SCART plug of the RGB cable, not housed in the machine (best to let the buyer know as if you build a normal RGB cable for the machine the image will be dark, the booster circuit must be added)

Comment

Rainbow Islands is worth at least ?50 with the spine, the Bonk games will get a decent price too.

Alien Crush should get you about ?30, the rest are all pretty common I'm afraid.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone

Comment

Hey,
            I'd be interested in:
            Bikkuri man world (wonderboy in monster world)
            and one of the Bomberman Games, jap Hu-Cards.
            How much would you want inc P&P, I am in london.
            E-mail me: [email protected]
            Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X