Metal Slug 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Slug 5

Anyone played this yet? Home release in 10 days and I've pre-ordered. Can't wait! Not expecting anything near 1,2,X,3 obviously but fingers crossed it's better than that cut n' paste job MS4.

I had this planned as my next Neo purchase. I am glad I passed on 4. By all accounts its a bit ****e.

Comment

I'd still class 4 as a very playable shooter but there's soooo much blatantly ripped from other slugs and the (few) original bits are just poorly designed. The first two levels are fun though, and you can turn into a monkey

From what i've seen of 5 it sticks very much to the military theme and there's far more new stuff.

Comment

watched 2 people finish this the other day - and i have to say that some of the bosses are poor (to say the least), the final boss in particular

Love the new artwork for the characters though, and the gameplay seems as good as any other MS

Comment

I've heard a lot of people say the last boss is crap so I'm prepared for that It's supposed to be a bit short too. Other than that it looks quite good to me

Comment

I've just bought Slug3 AES so I'll wait for the Slug5 port TBH, along with KoF'03 if they ever get DC releases.

Comment

There's a lot of repetition like Metal Slug 4, not only in the enemies but also in the backgrounds. The underwater section was almost a carbon copy of MS3, with the rotating tube and everything. There is a good bit with two cars at the same time, but most of it has been seen before.

I couldn't quite follow the story this time either. It started of with some jungle tribe that you're wiping out for no reason, who find an alien mask. They pop up now and again, but most of the time you're fighting against other tanks, except for the odd big dragon that appears. Definately none of the humour in the story that filled the earlier games.

Comment

Yeah, I wondered what the storyline was all about

Admitedly the MS series has never been big on plotline, but there's been a general cohesion to the levels up to now

With Number 5 I couldn't quite figure out what and where it was all going. Almost like the designers were trying to shoehorn two into one

Still, it's a bloody good blaster and kept me entertained for its ( reletively short ) duration

Comment

It's still fair to say that MS 5 is a lot better than 4 if not at good as 3.

Comment

Yeah, I generally agree with that.

Comment

Was this the one we played Brats?

If so, it was good fun. Quite easy though, I mean between us it only took 49 credits to finish.

The bosses were poor, and both levels and humour were not very memorable, but it was still good fun.

Comment

Yes, it was that one. MS3 is a much better game imo, more variety, more humour, more gameplay, more secrets. All in all, just more .

Comment

You know a game is far too easy when it only takes 49 credits to complete it

Comment

Tell me about it! I think on one of the bosses I didn't even lose a single credit. What's that all about?

Comment

Bosses are fairly easy on the Slug games once you know what they attempt to do (same with any AI I suppose). I'm down to 4 credits on Slug3 on normal. 8)

Hard mode is a bastard though, I keep losing my 1st life (and all rescued POWs) on the 2nd mission boss. Still can't crack it after a whole week of practice. Mind, AW2 has been taking up 90% of my gameplay time this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X