Ninja Gaiden OXM US Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Gaiden OXM US Demo

Rather than erupt into gushings of 'OMFG!' (which remains my overriding impression), I'll try and make myself a bit more useful:

- based on this 'unfinished' snippet of the game, Gaiden is set to calmly demolish both PS2 Shinobi titles and Bujingai in terms of both style and depth
    - graphics are a clear progression from those seen in Dead or Alive 3. So much so, in fact, that I'd imagine 'Team Ninja' came together with Gaiden in mind from the very start. I'm sure someone can fill in the backstory for us...
    - many Prince of Persia-esque nuances to the control system and move-set which partially explain the game's belated arrival
    - frame rate is a flawless 60fps of crisp graphics, special effects galore and a pristine front-end
    - from the demo alone, the fighting system demonstrates enormous versatility and a very proficient handling of combos (both short range, long range and mixed)
    - decapitations aplenty; dashing, flipping and slashing around a room full of Ninja as their heads occasionally spiral off is pure nirvana
    - 3 weapons in the demo, each with very specific attributes and fighting styles
    - fans of pulp samurai flicks delight, 'cause when enemies die in this game they literally explode with blood

Overall, this is shaping up to be an instant classic. The breathtaking scenery and general design on offer in the demo pushes the envelope to say the least. Having played through Shinobi PS2 a good few times, I'm feeling pretty blown away by the prospect of what the finished Ninja Gaiden has to offer.

Thats great, bit late to pick up a copy of the demo now though, the release is just up ahead. I'm still unsure what the online capacity of this game is, anybody know?. Hopefully I can add my opinions to the game on US release day.

Comment

This is the game that is sooooooooo tempting me to get by X-box chipped....

Its also the game that persuaded me to get the x-brick in the first place

Comment

i love how they captured the spirit of the old ninja gaiden games, keeping some of the same moves (but in a 3d enviroment) etc .... fans of the older games will instantly recognise the hand flips when going over ledges, the triple face kicks etc ... not got to any posts yet to test out if they included the 'lamp post' maneovre.

there are tons of little similarites with Prince of Persia SOT - dunno if they delayed the launch to include these or just that 2 dev teams on different sides of the planet came up with the same tricks -- stuff like not being able to run up walls with wet feet etc.

is wall running becoming the new stealth?

camps

Comment

lol was gonna post a first impression on this myself

very very nice and has certainly interested me in the game (i was unfortunately a bit meh before) the lampost thin is there (i.e the swinging but not sure about the kicking bit)

Slash em up jumping about ninja fun!

wall running is the new stealth

POP:SOT
          I-Ninja
          and this

looks good is out soon isn't it?

Comment

Gah, I want

Not long until the final version though

Comment

I wasn't really interested in this game but now... I think I am.
              My XBox isn't getting enough use anyway

Comment

I got myself a copy of the demo..

And its even better than my wildest dreams, it play very fluid, and with all the style of a Ninja kicking ass..Solid 60 fps woot!

This could finnaly be the game to take away DMC crown... or at least it will be up there with the best..

Team Ninja i thank you...

Comment

I think this game will finally prove the following true as death:

Facts:

1. Ninjas are mammals.

2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.

3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Can't wait!!

Comment

I'm assuming (hoping) that the release is firmly this month now? Anyone know anything about further delays?

I want this game...

Comment

Retailers have this down for the 24th, I think its firm now though, the official strategy guide is out for it.

Comment

At the end of the demo it just says out Feb 2004... so lets hope..

It is truely going to be a stunning game, with the amount of ninja style and **** loads of combos....

Comment

Where'd you guys get the demo? I'm dying here...

Comment

Bittorrent at a guess.

Comment

Yes, BitTorrent.

Weighs in at only 285mb. There is also a 131mb gameplay movie up.

I was looking forward to the game prior to playing the demo, now i am REALLY looking forward. I just hope that it is released this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X