PS2 online gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 online gaming

I'm a recent convert to the world of online gaming, and I am loving it. I have Xbox Live and find chatting away as I play agianst people completely compelling.

Anyway, what are the best online games for the PS2?

Not sure really, many PS2 games have the online bit poorly implemented, as an afterthought almost.

SOCOM is popular and works pretty well.
    SOCOM2 is going down very well in the USA, as cheating as been mostly eliminated, and it adds things like buddy lists and clan options to make finding known people easier.
    Champions of Norrath is also doing well in the USA, though there are reports of lost connections and other online problems, but when it works its making gamers very happy.

The only other games i own with the option are Fire Warrior and XIII, but I havent played them online.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
      I'm a recent convert to the world of online gaming, and I am loving it. I have Xbox Live and find chatting away as I play agianst people completely compelling.

Anyway, what are the best online games for the PS2?
      I`ve only just joined the BB world and have both my PS2 and Xbox online.
      I`m not that happy with the Live service, not as many people online as I thought there would be, I seem to play the moto gp demo disc more than anything else. And find it a bit long winded to get into a game of Ghost Recon.

The PS2 aint bad Socom has a lot of players on it, like Zed said a lot of cheats, but if you can find a game with out toe rags a good time is had.

Have you had a go with XBC http://www.xbconnect.com/ Halo online is a blast and realy shows you up, even when I thought I was a Halo god

Comment

Hardware is by far the best PS2 network game I've played.

Voice comms in every part of the game, 16 players, mad fun and no 'clan' elitists like you find in SOCOM, just every man for himself!

By the way, regarding the cheaters, this is why Sony set up Central Station universes in many of their network games. There are a whole ton of volunteers who can report cheats playing in these servers, and Sony's community manager can ban that player from accessing that server. The public servers are for the scumbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock
          Hardware is by far the best PS2 network game I've played.

Voice comms in every part of the game, 16 players, mad fun and no 'clan' elitists like you find in SOCOM, just every man for himself!

By the way, regarding the cheaters, this is why Sony set up Central Station universes in many of their network games. There are a whole ton of volunteers who can report cheats playing in these servers, and Sony's community manager can ban that player from accessing that server. The public servers are for the scumbags.
          I`ll have a bash at hardware, Nice to see Sony are looking out for gamers.
          just given up on moto gp after being called a tea drinking **nt! by some little snot nosed brat for the tenth time.

Comment

Working...
          X