Please recommend a Router for PC & Xbox Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please recommend a Router for PC & Xbox Live

Not too clued up on routers, so I've searched this forum and couldn't find a recentish topic, but it must have been asked many a time.

Searching on ebuyer there are ones from ?30 upwards, I've heard the Linksys and Zoom ones are quite good, can any router be used or is XBox fussy and need a certain type/brand.

Think they have a list of officially supported routers on xbox.com somewhere. Have a look around.

Linksys routers are always pretty good. I like Netgear stuff myself too.

Comment

your right it's here if anyone else is interested.

thanks.

Comment

Netgear D814, upgrade the firmware to 4.9 and you're laughing. Not the cheapest though.

Comment

When you say router, what are you actually after?

If its an ADSL Modem, Router and Firewall all-in-one box (like I suspect), then I'm very happy with my Solwise 715 in terms of performance, but I warn you that its not exactly simple to set up.

Comment

I'm using the Netgear FWG114P, which is a nice bit of kit, supports all the features you could want including the faster wireless speed. Small and neat in a nice solid metal case, but agian not cheap.

Comment

Only want simple set up, looked on ebuyer and they have the "more basic" recommended Belkin, Linksys & Netgear ones for about ?27-?33 each plus vat so will order one of those later.

Comment

Dont get the Belkin one, it has issues with live. It was great to start with, but gradually got worse and worse, eventually changed it for a netgear.

Comment

thanks for the tip, left wallet at home so have to order tomorrow,

Comment

This is what i use,and ive recommended it to a few people aswell and they have all been pleased.
                    Does all you could want,and for ?40!

Discover the latest products from the biggest names in tech at EE Store. Find deals and offers on gaming, laptops, TVs, home phones, smart home systems and more

Nick

ps easy as hell to set up.Its Windows but i did it on a Mac.

Comment

i use the ebuyer 4 port adsl router, it works fine for ps2 and xbox

Comment

I did see the ebuyer one for ?22 but guessed it wouldn't work,

Comment

Working...
                        X