Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Gaiden / Ninja Gaiden Black

Just started playing this, the first mission is the same as in the demo (except for slightly different enemy placement and lack of weapons).

the game continues in the ilk of the demo, with simple puzzles stringing together the combat sequences with heavy handed hand-holding along the way.

i've come to the first fustrating part of the game, with the lack of lock on when using the bow really getting on my nerves.

i'll report back later.

The actual game is a lot harder than the demo, i would almost go as far to say the AI or whatever you want to call it is very much more polished in here than the demo.
    Might just be because you dont have the nunchucks at the beginning which gives you that feeling of l33t.
    Gorgeous game so far possibly best graphics on the box.
    Nice to have a good solid arcade slasher with the difficulty high and no apologies for it...
    Work goes far too slow when there is something to play.......

Comment

Does anyone know of a US release date for this, as if its a while Im tempted to buy the Japanese version from Play Asia.

Comment

Out in the U.S right now AFAIK.

Comment

I've gone for the Asian version that PA have in stock now - cheap, plus English option

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
            Does anyone know of a US release date for this, as if its a while Im tempted to buy the Japanese version from Play Asia.
            It's out right now, byatch!

Comment

(cross-post)

PAL release date? Anyone? Live features, y'see.

Comment

Just look at that HORRIFIC us box art!

Comment

I think I'm the only person on this board that doesnt give more than a crap or two for box art. If it's good, that's cool, but I so rarely see it that it just doesn't phase me unless it is just hidiously ugly, which this isn't. It's just boring.

Comment

Ed,
                    the PAL release date seems to fluctuate between may 7th (gameplay) may 12th (amazon) and april! (game)

So no real release date to speak of

may would be my guess 8)

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                      I think I'm the only person on this board that doesnt give more than a crap or two for box art.
                      lol me too man.

Should have gaiden tomorrow

Comment

An NG thread has been in General Gaming for some time now and is already 4 pages long, why didn't you just move that thread into First Play?

ft:

Anyway,

I don't think I've mentioned anything about combat. For those familiar with the demo, you don't start off with all those weapons, in typical fashion you get more, better, stronger weapons as you progress. You can upgrade your weapons in the shops that appear throughout the game. So far I've got quite the selection! Had another scan in my booklet, I always like to check the pictures out in them, they usually give hints, anyway you can get hold of a plasma sword later on. Don't forget, the bow can be used to zoom in, and blocking you shall find out, is a very important factor in the game, YOU WILL NOT progress in it, if you don't learn when/where to block. Very important on the bosses that too. Collecting the golden scarabs gets you
                        Originally posted by spoiler
                        items & weapons from the shopkeeper
                        Sadly I don't think there to well hidden.

Comment

The game might be region free, seeing as its had a JP and US release at the same time, and the JP movies etc are all on the US disc.

Has anyone got it yet and has the ability to try it on a PAL box.

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
                            The game might be region free, seeing as its had a JP and US release at the same time, and the JP movies etc are all on the US disc.

Has anyone got it yet and has the ability to try it on a PAL box.
                            Someone PLEASE try it on a PAL xbox, according to some german article i just read it's getting sensored in Europe so there won't be any decapitations! ft:

Comment

A lot of German games are censored, they have a real issue with violence in games. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fine for the rest of Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X