• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince of Persia

From Cinescape.com

Movie News
    Bruckheimer eyes PRINCE OF PERSIA

Veteran producer in talks to pick up video game film rights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dateline: Thursday, March 4, 2004

By: PATRICK SAURIOL
    By: News Editor
    Source: Variety

Jerry Bruckheimer's production company is in discussions with Ubisoft to buy the film rights to the video game PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME. Set in medieval Persia, the game follows the quest of a young Prince intent on restoring the populace of his kingdom who have been transformed into demons. Aiding him on his journey are a magical dagger and a mystical hourglass which can freeze time.

While Bruckheimer negotiates with Ubisoft, the game's creator, Jordan Mechner, is hard at work on the screenplay. Mechner is being mentored by John August, the screenwriter of CHARLIE'S ANGELS and BIG FISH. August will also serve on the PRINCE OF PERSIA film in an executive producer capacity.

If Bruckheimer can nail down the rights the project will get underway at Walt Disney, where the producer has a production deal. With the runaway success of Bruckheimer's PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, it's possible that his midas touch could also transform PRINCE OF PERSIA into a commercial blockbuster.
    Personally, I couldn't be any more excited about this. The entire time I've been playing PoP I've thought that it would make an incredible film, one full of great action sequences, fantastic set pieces, and cool effects, if only the right personal came along. And, for my money, you couldn't ask for a better person than Bruckheimer to Produce it. The man has done a bangup job getting films like The Rock and PotC put together, he knows his action adventure films, and I have total faith in this. I can't wait!
    Last edited by ezee ryder; 09-05-2010, 21:08.

I didn't actually like the game much but thinking alone the lines of PotC, it sounds like it could be great on film.

Comment

This is actually a great idea for a film due to the setting.

Comment

Of all the recently announced films, I reckon this is both the best sounding, and the most likely to make it to completion.

The Soul Calibur one sounds silly, and as for Dungeon Siege...

Comment

They could do this really well.

Or go all wank. They should make it proper gorey.

Hehe would be funny if they got Johhny Depp to play the prince of Persia.

Comment

Jake Gyllenhaal has been confirmed as the prince.

He could be good if they get him looking right
            Last edited by EvilBoris; 25-05-2008, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              Jake Gyllenhaal has been confirmed as the prince.

He could be good if they get him looking right
              Like Robert Downey Jr in Tropic Thunder?

Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 25-05-2008, 13:33.

Comment

That was exactly what I had in mind. There are plenty of people that would of looked better, but at least he is a good actor.

Comment

That was Robert Downey jr????? It looks like Tom Jones lol

Comment

These pictures don't fill me with hope

Comment

The guy in the background hasn't quite grapsed the concept of those masks.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        These pictures don't fill me with hope
                        Why because he has a girlfriend? Dont give up there is still hope

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that...

Mainly because it looks like him with some rags on, where's his makeup? He's meant to be from the part of the world near turkey and greece. He looks like a flippin tramp

Comment

I hope they get someone to dub him - I'm more concerned about the way he'll sound as opposed to the way he looks.

Would be interesting to see if Jake can nail anything other than American.

Comment

they should have got a real persian to do it.

Omid Djalili for Prince!

Comment

Working...
                              X