Imogen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imogen

Now, even though I was a C64 owner back in the day, I did play a lot of good games on other systems, Imogen on the BBC model B was one of them.

You basically controlled a shape-shifting wizard who needed to transform into different forms to negotiate the game labyrinth. As a cat, you were able to jump between platforms, as a monkey, you could climb ropes and as the wizard, use and move objects.

The Spectrumesque single coulour, hi-res display lended the game a very pleasing stylish minimalism, allowing for some detailed, well-drawn sprites. The game also featured tons of clever touches and laugh-out loud puzzles (many of which involved shooting babies!).

Does anybody else remember this game? IIRC, it was a disk-only BBC game. I'd really love to play this game again, so if anybody knows where I can download an emu online, then please tell. I'll have your babies and everything.

Now, all that's needed is a GBA update...

So, does anyone else remember Imogen?

I recall this although I played it on the Acorn Electron and it was very difficult.

Comment

Imogen was one of my fiance's favourite games from her childhood. As a kid she got to the last level with tons of changes and just couldn't figure out what to do. About six months ago we got it up and running on an emulator and played it all the way through. One of the reasons I heart the BBCB despite never having played one back in the day.

-M-

Comment

There's a recent remake here, though I haven't tried it myself:

I've never played this despite owning a BBC back in the day. I'll have a look at this remake tonight (and try the original out on an emulator for good measure ).

Comment

Working...
        X