Shadowrun SNES, Discuss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadowrun SNES, Discuss...

Surely on par with Link to the Past and Secret of Mana as one of the best ever RPGs not just on the SNES but EVER made imo

Sure the graffics look dated now and wasnt anything special even then but ive NEVER played a game and enjoyed it so much!!

Ill admit when it came out I had a Profighter (like a wildcard) so games that were hard to come by were got on the Profighter instead, this was one of them games and I have to admit it was well worth the ?1-50 at the time (I paid about ?13 for it last year on ebay)

the puzzles and the way the story unfolded was great, I still remember fighting it out with the King in the Caryard so I could have more kudos and 'nuyen'

And when the bomb starts ticking in your head i was actually ****ting it in real life as I hadnt saved for ages and had to really pull out my skills to avoid dying!!

Such a great game, I might set the snes up at weekend and get a game on again for old times sake!!!

The answer lies within the mists!!!! said dog

Tis an awesome game, towards the end things got real hairy i recall, got stuck at one place for some reason, put me off, apart from that it's a wicked piece of coding!

What happened to the Sequel? A revamp is needed methinks!

Comment

1 - Learn Japanese
      2 - Buy a japanese Mega CD and Megadrive
      3 - Buy Shadowrun
      4 - Realise that the SNES version is really quite poor
      5 - Forget the SNES version ever happened

Comment

I have the Mega CD shadowrun, and let me say its not THAT good.
        For a start, it has turn based battles, which are set up in a similar way to the Shining Force games, and the whole dice rolling thing is taken too far. SNES Shadowrun had real time battles, and the whole battle system felt fresh and exciting.

The only thing the Mega CD version of Shadowrun does well, is its Snatcher-esque adventure sections, I loved Snatcher so those bits were great fun.
        I prefered the SNES versions interaction system of choosing a keyword to question people about.

But still, the language barrier is set VERY high on that one, and Ive still yet to complete the whole thing. I was hoping someone would make a translation patch for it someday.

If anyone is interested, I did a REALLY crap review and FAQ for it at a certain other site. FAQ has photos included in it, but as I say, its pants.

Comment

Loved the SNES version. Took a long time to get through also. It was a borrowed PAL version from someone. It took me quite a while to find a complete US Shadowrun for my proper SNES, but I think it got it from here in the end. Great gaming... from the people who brought us Exploding Fist
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

My pal copy seems to die at the same point every time. And its really annoying because its quite far into the game

Comment

I had the MD version too and it wasnt a patch on the SNES version!!

Battling the Joker ws quite hard first time round and killing that Vampire, but I didnt have much trouble with Drake at the end..

Cracking Game, Still in my Top list of all time fave games EVER

Comment

Easilyin the top five SNES games ever, the game totally sucked you into its world from the first play, awesome music, cracking storyline and an excellent challenge. I loved ever second of this.

Comment

Hmm, me thinks people are confusing the Mega CD version (release by Compile in 1996!!) with the Megadrive version (not released in Japan).

Comment

Dude, Ive got it, its not bad, but the language barrier ruins it, and I dont like the combat system, AT ALL.
                    SNES had real time combat, whilst the Mega CD had turb based battles, they were horrible. Snatcher sections were quite good though.

Why did you think we were mixing it up?
                    We were just debating all the Shadowrun games collectively in in the end.

My argument still stands, the MegaCD version, last MegaCD game released, whilst not bad and FAR better than the megadrive version, plays second fiddle to the SNES version. mainly due to a better combat system, and more interesting form of communicating with NPC's. I loved the use of keywords.

In order of preference:
                    SNES
                    MegaCD
                    Megadrive

Comment

I remember getting to the bit with the dragon - and like some kind of gaming amnesia can't remember anything after that point

Is that the end of the game ?

Could be that I died without saving and it was all too much to take so I blotted it out

Ah, repressed memories can be fun

Comment

played this a few years back, the ork things and people shooting out of windows at you for no reason at all put me off it so i went to play cyberpunk muds instead

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
                          played this a few years back, the ork things and people shooting out of windows at you for no reason at all put me off it so i went to play cyberpunk muds instead
                          they was not shooting for no reason, they wanted you dead!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X