Spectrum games on vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectrum games on vinyl

Seems some bands used to put Spectrum programs as b-sides and hidden tracks on their records. Very interesting article.

The Shakin' Stevens game looks teh excellent!!

I've heard of people using minidisc to back up c64 games

Comment

Originally posted by df0notfound
      I've heard of people using minidisc to back up c64 games
      When i first got a minidisc years ago i tried this with spectrum games, with no success. Was due to the compression technique removing sounds you cannot hear, but i guess the speccy would. Dumping to CD would work, just need to feed a tapedeck into my PC.

Comment

Yeah, CD works.

Rainbow Arts released a CD compilation for the C64 with an audio adaptor (so that your C64 thought it was listening to a tape deck).

Because of the high quality of an audio CD Rainbow Arts were able to code a very high speed loader for it, so most games booted in around 30 secs.

As an added piece of genius they added about 10 audio tracks by Chris Huelsbeck, who went on to release several reasonably successful albums in Germany. The Rainbow Arts CD contained a superb version of Katakis, and if memory serves a decent version of Shades.

I have this, and its really cool. I think Codemasters did a CD pack for the C64 too.

Comment

Shakin' Stevens looks fantastic!! "Oh dear, a bat bit you!" >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
            Yeah, CD works.

Rainbow Arts released a CD compilation for the C64 with an audio adaptor (so that your C64 thought it was listening to a tape deck).

Because of the high quality of an audio CD Rainbow Arts were able to code a very high speed loader for it, so most games booted in around 30 secs.

As an added piece of genius they added about 10 audio tracks by Chris Huelsbeck, who went on to release several reasonably successful albums in Germany. The Rainbow Arts CD contained a superb version of Katakis, and if memory serves a decent version of Shades.

I have this, and its really cool. I think Codemasters did a CD pack for the C64 too.
            I had a similar CD for the Spectrum, seeing games load in under a minute was a real shocker back then.

Comment

I Remember this guy.... but what was his name?

Comment

Frank Sidebottom, dont know who the other guy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                  if memory serves a decent version of Shades.
                  I liked the music for that.

Re: The URL. I have the Urusei Yatsura album it mentions!

Comment

Wasn't there a Thompson Twins one on vinyl (for the Spectrum) stuck on the front of c&vg years ago?

It was a gfx adventure (along the lines of the Hobbit) but very basic, I remember spending hours getting it to work! That was worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tosser
                      Frank Sidebottom, dont know who the other guy is.
                      The other guy is the creator of Frank Sidebottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Boogaloo
                        "Oh dear, a bat bit you!" >_<
                        Castlevania: Zero Mission.

Comment

Working...
                        X