Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was The Secret of Monkey Island

Does anyone know?

Ive played the game to death and loved it to bits, and im gunna get it again and hopefully complete it for the first time. but i dont think i ever worked out what the secret was lol.

I can't remember fully myself, even thought i played the game a lot during my amiga days...
    I think it had something to do with the 'Big Whoop' themepark or other?

Seriously, i have no idea, since my memory is very hazy.

Comment

Head down to the Scummbar and you can find out in the various interviews.

Comment

Ahem

Originally posted by spoiler
        The secret of Monkey Island was possibly Le Chuck's ghost ship.... It was more likely that it was just a humourous device... like the name Escape From Monkey Island (Monkey Island 4.) Except that they actually DID return to Monkey Island. And sorta escaped from it. Which defeated the whole point of the name...
        Also, Big Whoop is one of the best and cleverest jokes ever in a videogame. I didn't know what it meant when I was a kid playing Monkey Island 2 all those years ago... and I finally got it a year or so ago.
        Heehee!

Comment

anyone know where i can find this game for PC?

Comment

probably on some PC compilation or fleabay your best bet

Comment

Originally posted by tokyochojin
              anyone know where i can find this game for PC?
              Game do it in the budget section, you get monkey island 1 and 2 on the same disc for a fiver. but its currently in the 3 for ?10 for reward card holders offer, so you can get broken sword one and two with it for a tenner

thanks for the replies guys.

Comment

Oh me oh my, I loved the Monkey Island games. Well maybe not the fourth one (seemed to lack the charm of the others), but 1~3 are easily among my favourite games ever.

I really should get Scumm installed and play them again.

You fight like a cow!

Comment

cheers guys the prices on Ebay seem to be really high, anyone know why if i can get monkey island 1 & 2 for a fiver in Game?

Comment

i think bounty pack is expensive because it was limited in availability i don't know i got mine from a bootfair i thought that game only released the monkey island packs for a limited time

Comment

went into my local game and gamestation today, they both said they don't stock it anymore, any clues on where i can find it online?

Comment

Only eBay I'm afraid. But what kick-ass games, they really won me over because of the characters. That's what all the LucasArts wannabes just couldn't do.

Comment

It's all explained at the end of Monkey Island III, which wasn't written by Ron Gilbert so it's hard to know if it's actually what the original creator had in mind. But according to MI:III, The Secret of Monkey Island is

Originally posted by spoiler
                          It's a gateway to hell.

Comment

But that doesn't matter. You can safely ignore anything post-Monkey Island 2, as MI3&4 are, for the most part, utter nonsense.[/quote]

Comment

the only question that remains, why haven't they brought 1 and 2 out for the GBA!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X