Playing a USA Xbox PSO in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing a USA Xbox PSO in the UK?

Anyone here know if you are able to play a USA PSO game on XBox here in the UK. Online of course! I have a USA XB, but I suspect due to having to pay for a Hunters License and having a UK-registered XBL account (and associated credit card), something will go wrong somewhere. I've not found anyone who's imported the game yet who's claiming to play it..

It seems unlikely they are going to let you pay for it in dollars, when they would want to charge a different amount in pounds etc. But you never know.

Any help, let me know, cos I will buy this game immediately if it looks like it will work over here!

It'd be simpler to play the UK version wouldn't it?
    It's due out in May.

Comment

hehehe I see your point, but for me, not really. All my other Live games are on my USA XB, and although I can go online with the PAL one its extra hassle switching the network cable around and then doing that 'account retrival' everytime... and then doing it again on my USA XB if I want to play another live game on that.. (I think I will have memorised my credit card number in a few weeks of owning a UK PSO if I carry on doing that again!)

Actually, on that note, anyone been able to use an XBL account running on two different XB's without having to play with the account settings every time, by using a memory card perhaps?

Oh and as for waiting for UK PSO, there's also the small matter of waiting until MAY. *grins* I mean, thats whole WEEKS away. ;P

Actually in all seriousness I would be able to wait easily if I knew I COULDN'T be playing a USA one anyway.. right now its the 'unknown' thats getting to me, right in the game-addictedness funnybone.
      Not found any forum/ng anywhere with an answer to this issue.

Comment

If you've set your billing region to United Kingdom, you won't be able to play US PSO as Sega's subscription only allows US credit cards.

Comment

burai, dude, please tell me theres a way to change your billing country PLEASE i beg you! waa .....nooooooooooo im screwed now.

Comment

I don't know if that's possible. I have a feeling it won't be, but I've never tried it.

Comment

Well I tracked down someone in the same situation as me and he's going to post whatever findings he has to a web page.

Good fella.

The page tis 'ere:

So once he gets the game everyone'll know for sure. Although I suspect Burai is right. *slightly glum face*

Comment

hi remy,

check this link out.

Comment

Cheers guys! Well as it all ends up, as I pretty much expected, I am screwed then, and will have to wait for the UK PSO really. I don't want to pay for TWO XBL accounts and I'd have to cancel my UK one and setup a US one to play this game now. But I'd rather play with people on EU servers on this game anyway, so I will wait.

At this info has at least taken away my burning desire to import immediately, and I can get on with enjoying other games instead and I will try and forget PSO exists until May.
                  (If only those basts on my Friends List wouldn't keep showing up as playing PSO. Damn them).

It does all bode very badly for the future of playing XBL games on import though. I have thought of some horrible scenarios with DLC as well that could stop me playing games. Mind you the next MUST-HAVE import I already know of, for me, isn't until NFL2k4 next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X