Dream SNES is slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream SNES is slow

Hi people, I just picked up a copy of the Dream SNES emulator for my Dreamcast. But it's really slow. It's fine for RPGs and that kinda thing but the slowdown is really noticable with shooters and action games. I don't mean regular SNES slow down I mean Mario floats through the air slowdown. Is the Dream SNES just a crappy emulator or is there anything I can do to speed things up. I've played with them options but it hasn't had any effect. Thanks.

the dreamcast can't emulate the snes very well, it is great for 8bit but struggles for 16bit. nothing you can do about it unless you are a master coder.

Comment

Crap. Oh well, at least I can finally get around to playing Chrono Trigger. Or Pat Labor, the mecha RPG in Japanese if I feel like a challenge.

Comment

buy an xbox you smelly fool.

Comment

Or just emulate it through your PC.

Comment

Or better still buy the original console....

Comment

Sort your life out, start making changes!

Comment

Turn sound onto Mono. That speeds it up loads.

And wait for our interview with www.dcemulation.com later this week!

Comment

yeah, yeah, everyones a comedian.

a) I do have an original SNES. I just don't happen to have every game ever released. Sorry.
                  b) Thanks to however posted the link *checks* Electric Boogaloo

I don't like FSP so I won't be purchasing an X Box.

Comment

Originally posted by weezy132
                    I don't like FSP so I won't be purchasing an X Box.
                    Well don't play FPS's on it then! Seriously if you just buy one solely for emulation it's a quality bit of kit. There are tons of other worthy titles on the xbrick that aren't FPS's. Quality racing games, fighting games, adventure games. I must admit I mainly play neo geo emulation on it! but I can see that their games range stand up fairly favourably to the PS2, well except for having less JP titles.

Comment

No.

Comment

Go'on! 8)

Comment

Working...
                        X