Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bull Sh*t Chrono Trigger Auction?

Just come across this Auction on Ebay.

The seller claims to be selling a Special Edition Chrono Trigger with laminated maps. However if you look at his feedback you can see he has only just brought Chrono Trigger and the Maps from different people.

It looks dodgy, is it ?

To be honest, it looks like he's trying to make some cash by buying in cheap imports and selling them on as *special editions* - joker if you ask me.

It looks as if he's changed his user name recently too.

Comment

It does look dodgy but that is a very good condition Chrono Trigger.
      You have to hand it to some peoples cheekiness(couldn't think of the right word,too early)
      Nick

Comment

It is relatively cheap and easy to pick up JPN copies of Chrono Trigger.

This is just blatent rubbish - as someone else said you can see in his history he bought both items independantly through the same account!

What an idiot.

He paid $15 for the maps, and $25 for the game.

Comment

Someone 'Ask seller a question' and mug him off.
          I'm going to do it. Ill let you know what he says.

EDIT
          This is what i put "Are you sure there is a special edition Chrono Trigger? Your feedback shows you have bought the game and maps independently. Please advise as im very interested. Regards,Nick."

What a silly prat.

Comment

Let us know the reply, should be funny

Comment

I already have sent him a question telling him to get a proper job and stop trying to con money out of people.

I also told him I would report him to ebay, which I did.

Unfortunately ebay have just got back to me telling em they are not experts in the area and so cant judge whether it is real or not i.e they will do nothing.

Originally posted by ebay email
              Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to eBay.
              I have reviewed the listing(s) you have brought to our attention and
              taken appropriate action.

I would also like to explain eBay's policy with respect to reports like
              yours.

eBay is not in a position to make judgements about the authenticity or
              authorised nature of listings, except in the most extreme circumstances.
              This may mean that we cannot remove the item about which you contacted
              us, particularly when it is not blatantly clear from the item itself
              that it is in some way infringing.

Although you may be extremely knowledgeable about these types of items,
              we often cannot remove items upon the representations of third parties
              whose credentials we cannot verify, unless of course the alleged
              infringement is obvious on its face. That is why we strongly urge you
              to notify the rights holder of the suspected infringement and encourage
              them to join our Verified Rights Owners (VeRO) Program. This program
              enables them to request the ending of allegedly infringing listings.

I appreciate your vigilance in helping us to keep inappropriate listings
              off eBay. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do.

Comment

He probably made good use of this before writing that item description!

Comment

e-mail Squaresoft the link and let them contact eBay.

Regards
                  Marty

Comment

Pretty obvious that the map is from the PAL/NTSC-US version of the game, since it reads Super Nintendo instead of SFAM...

Comment

You have to admire this seller, he's only gone and changed his name again ! He's been a member for 4 months and changed his name twice. TWAT

Comment

And then to change it to something as seedy as "retro-Dealer"
                        He probably drives a yellow robin reliant too

Comment

Working...
                        X