Waku Waku 7 Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waku Waku 7 Appreciation Thread

How great is this game? And I'm not talking about the crappy Saturn version. A mate brought his round the other day for a head to head with teh Neo and I'd forgotten just how different they are. This has become one of my favourite Neo titles since getting the home cart. It's honestly worth the money and has come down in price quite a bit recently, and if you own a Supergun, you need to get on ebay and pick up the MVS cart. Beautiful game and loads of fun at any level. Limited number of characters but its style sure makes up for it. Any other Waku fans?

I thought it was just me!

I love it - used to play in the arcade loads, got a pretty good Rai and a couple friends of mine still challenge who play Marurun and Arina.

Blatant - YOU KNOW it's all about Bonus Kun!

Fernandeath should be in everything!

Comment

Bonus Kun rocks, and Fernandez is one of the best boss characters ever! How many other characters can eat you up and crap you out

Comment

This. Is. Superb.

Up until a few months ago, I'd never even heard of Waku Waku 7. It wasn't until I sourced a modified XBox that I was able to sample this very fine title.

It has a certain quality about it that I can't quite put my finger on. In anycase, it's this quality that ensures that I keep coming back for more. Sure, the battle-mechanics are merely a derivation of numerous 2D fighters that have come before it, but all that does for me personally is provide a familiar route into the game...

Comment

It's on my list of MVS must buys along with KoF98 and Mark of The Wolves.

It just looks insane and I'm crap at fighters.

Comment

Oh, this game's utterly ridiculously brilliant.
            I'm terrible at it, of course, but every time I get round to loading it up I have a whale of a time.
            And yes, Bonus Kun = OWNZ j00

Comment

Bonus Kun was such a piss take.... 3 fireballs on the screen at once

Fernadeath was just funny.... kisses you as well as its fierce attack

Personally i used slash, jus cos he so damn cool ^_^

Comment

What is worse about the Saturn version? I was thinking of getting that as I don't have a Neo Geo? yet.

Comment

It's slower and graphically a lot poorer lacking in detail and colour with a lot of blockyness in the backgrounds.

Comment

Ouch, sucks to hear...

Comment

Hmmm?the Saturn one is still pretty fun, still worth buying I would have thought as long as you have the extra ram?

Comment

Cast my vote for it too. How many fighters let you beat people up as My Neighbour Totoro? Plus as well as being an excellent fighter, and a treat for the eyes (from a design and technical point of view) it's got one of the few NeoGeo soundtracks worth listening to in my opinion.

Comment

I love even the saturn conversion. The gameplay is nice and solid, but the characters just put it a step ahead in my book. Anything where you can play as a giant purple rabbit is automatically godlike imo.

Comment

Just got my AES copy after months of searching

but i havent played it yet

Comment

Yes! I picked up the Saturn version a couple of weeks ago (can't afford a Neo Geo ) and it's been rocking my world. I think Tesse is my favourite fighting character from any game, although I'm a lot better with Politank Z. Fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                              X