Dreamcast Cannon Spike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcast Cannon Spike

Did anyone else here enjoy this rather under-rated shooter? I remember picking it up brand-new for ?17 and upon it's arrival, found myself addicted to it.

Whilst it came across as a Capcom casted Super Smash TV, I found it particularly enjoyable to play, especially with an additional player. It wasn't overly tough, but was another good example of the "pick-up and play" school of Dreamcast releases, which were seamlingly being released in succession at the time.

My mates got the, ahem, "unnofficial" copy and it is a lot of fun. The character Roster seems a bit random, though. BB Hood? King Arthur? The whole game has a feel of fun though, as if the developers just coded it for a laugh. But for a two player dumb shooter you could do a lot worse.

Comment

Yeah its a top little game. Still play it quite often in fact, especially when a certain friend comes around who thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

Has anyone else noticed how dreadful the quality of the rear cover is? Its like its been just been photocopied on a colour copier...its that bad that i thought i'd been given a dodgy copy when i first bought it.

Comment

Not a bad little game. I also have an "unofficial" version, hehe. Playing it only any difficulty below 4 is wussy though. The first time i played it was with Megaman (the cheapest char, btw, damned overpowered) and I flew through it on level 1 in about 10 mins. Only managed to clear lvl 4 with Arthur so far - was unsure it was the G+G character until the end.

Something I have noticed is the Psikyo chars seem to be weird versions of other Capcom chars. I think Shiba is meant to be Siva - the 2p char -from Capcom arcade game Three Wonders (that pic in the gallery with him on it and "Roosters" gives that away, Midnight Wanderers is Roosters in Japan. Shiba even has the flamey "option" guy he has in Midnight Wanderers.) That other girl with pink hair I think is meant to be the Alien vs Predator chick - same armor and a samurai sword. Everyone else is straightforward.

Comment

Working...
        X