Secret of Mana 2 PAL Cart on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret of Mana 2 PAL Cart on Ebay

Some nut is selling the cracking Secret of Mana 2 PAL Cart on Ebay. Obviously it's just the translated ROM burned onto the EPROM, professional jobby this mind you with it's own sticker and everything

Clearly a deception of the ignorant eBay masses though, considering the translated ROM can be downloaded for free and any old cart picked up and with the help of an EPROM writer the contains of the cart's ROM changed.

Still, would be a nice curios to own, but not for ?46 (or more as is likely to transpire over the remaining few days)

?5 postage for a cart

Comment

19 bids already. I might report him. Don't get me excited again with topic titles like this. He sold Starfox 2 apparently last week. What a crook!

Comment

All is fair if there are people out there willing to pay... especially when they dont realise the game was never released outside japan

Comment

Originally posted by MarkyB
          All is fair if there are people out there willing to pay... especially when they dont realise the game was never released outside japan
          Virtue is dead.

Comment

I just contacted the highest bidder(?102!)and told him the story.
            Ill let you know what he says.
            Think i might report the c***,as i feel sorry for the mugs who buy this sort of ****(s'pose they are mugs,should know better).
            Its a funny old game.
            Nick

Comment

Am I alone in thinking that Seiken Densetsu 3 (or SOM2) is rubbish when compared to it's prequel? I downloaded the translated rom frothing at the mouth when it first appeared, but was gravely disappointed. The combat has been reduced to a simple hack and slash affair with none of the finess of the earlier game and the bosses are awful.

I admit I only played about six hours through, but it seemed like a big step backwards from SD2.

Comment

His description says 'Made in Germany by d4s' so no-one can accuse him of passing off this as a genuine cartridge. I don't think "deceptive" is the right term. How many people can easily get an EPROM writer and have the knowledge to reprogram the EPROM?

I'm sure some people would like to play SoM2 on their TV rather than through an emulator but at 156 pounds...

Comment

hes got a PAL Bahamut Lagoon on auction as well.

Comment

there is a certain attraction in playing the game on its host platform. I own the original jap carts of all these titles (bar starfox 2 ) as well as the translated roms and, even playing bahamut lagoon on an xbox doesn't feel quite the same...

Comment

I thought this would be a rare beta cart, turns out its a pirate.

I think the buyers might make the same mistake.

I think we should report him, he is making large profits through scandelous dealings.
                      And yes, sour grapes may be involved.

Comment

Question...

may sound silly...

Does this... "Legally" count as piracy?

Given that the game was not released outside of japan?

may sound odd, but wouldnt the rights only exist in japan, and given that this has been translated etc, wouldnt this change the product itself into something else?

Just a general enquiry

Comment

But other content will remain the same - music, sound effects, graphics, the image that he's used on the cart. The SNES logo. All that stuff is protected by copyright.

Comment

Also surely wouldn't whoever translated the ROM, not be best pleased to see their sweat and hardwork being (lucratively) profited on by someone else?

Comment

forgot about the Logo's

fair point shin iori....

did anyone report him in the end? and possibly get a reply?

Comment

Working...
                              X