X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rallisport Challenge 2

Been playing this for a few days and thought id post impressions so far

completed am season with little or no effort at all it really is that easy

The graphics are stunning, especially in prog scan and move at a very nice rate indeed.
    Little touches such as the rain hitting the camera and dribbling down are class.
    The damage models are pretty cool bits fall off and fly about all over the shop.
    Tons of unlockable tracks cars and skins skins are earnt by driving the car a set number of miles in game 31 is the first milestone.
    Live play is ok, 16 players is good with little lag but the cars are all wire frame models and cannot be crashed into from what ive played, if you have four players then you can have full models and damage and this looks like a riot. Most probably a technical issue as well as a speed one, plus the tracks are hardly designed with 16 players in mind (it's gonna be bumper cars with 4 as it is )

highly polished arcade rally game and enjoying it a lot at the moment
    hopefully pro and champion levels will provide a little bit more , well, challenge... anyone else playing this?

What Live Leaderboards are there ?

Cheers

Comment

there are leaderboards for both time and points

split into the individual types of races then track

hope that helps

Comment

yes, thanks will pick this up Friday

Comment

Its great to hear praise for this game. The first title was sadly overlooked, but this sequel looks like it will be very popular. I think 4Player Live play sounds good enough for me, its such a fast game and with it being rally racing it must be madness at 16players.

The graphics must be mind-blowing, seeing that No1 still has visuals that destroy every other racer on the market.

Bring it on!!! 8)

Comment

Still waiting for mine. Stupid ass DVDboxoffice ft:

Comment

What do you mean when you say Wireframe models dude?

Comment

How does the handling compare with the first one, the original rallisport was fun but some of the cars felt to light and sterile, esp the higher horsepower ones.

Comment

9.3 at Gamespot.

I have heard that the handling is still on the arcade side but it has been refined and is said to be excellent. The review also stated that technically the game is a triumph with no other game coming close.

Roll on Friday! 8)

Comment

Great fun and it is very fast and beautiful more fun that Colin McRae Rally 4 as it is more accessable. Haven't tried live gaming though.

Good enough for me.

Comment

What do you mean exactly by more accessable than CM04 ?
                      CM04 has the basic settings you can alter but no where near the depth of say GT3, but for 95% of people the settings in CM04 are sufficient.

(I may be biast as I love CM04 by the way )

Comment

He must mean the handling is as arcadey (crap) as the first title. That's the feeling I walked away with, terrible. Looks nice though

Comment

Reading some posts on the xbox.com RSC2 forum seems there are quite a few glitches on this game, all top times & ghosts are glitches, sad eh, hopefully a patch will come out soon and all times will be reset.

Comment

When you race online, is the point system like Toca 2 ?

Comment

Been playing RSC2 all evening and my first impressions are very good. The graphics are amazing (significantly better than PGR2 I think) as is the feeling of speed. The handling is fairly arcadey, but not too unrealistic.

I've played single player game for a bit, and it seems ok. Way too easy on Amateur and Pro, but challenging on Champion (with a further mode that is unlockable). I doubt the single player game would hold anyone's interest for very long to be honest (as for PGR2 which imo is dull as dishwater on your own), but I'll play through to unlock the cars for the main event -Live play.

Fairly predictably, Live play is where the game shines. I only played a few games against random Americans (as nobody on my Friends list was on RSC2 this evening) but I've already had some very exciting games. Four cars on a tight track with everyone hurtling round bumper to bumper was superb. Play with more than 4 and the opponents are in wire frame. While this sounds pants, the game would be unplayable with 16 players in solid cars as the tracks are way too narrow. It is less social that PGR2 (where the chat is sometimes as much fun as the racing), but this is mainly due to only being able to talk to the person immediately in front or behind you. I can see this being great, and I'm certainly up for some games with ntsc-uk people if there is interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X