RGB cable question GameCube vs PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB cable question GameCube vs PS2

Can someone tell me why there will be a problem to use an imported SCART cable with my Japanese Cube, when, as I discovered yesterday, the same solution with a traditional RGB cable works with my Japanese PlayStation 2? - Great colours and sharp objects.

If someone not could prove me that I?m wrong so will I actually import the GameCube RGB PAL cable just see how it works with my orange cube. Today I use a S-video cable.

What are you talking about?

Do you want to use a PAL RGB Cable with an Import Cube? If so then the reason you cannot is because the import Cube does not output an RGB signal via the Analogue port - which is where the PAL RGB cable connects to. It doesn't even output RGB via the Digital port. The import Cube outputs Component and the conversion to RGB takes place in the specially modified RGB Scart cable.

Comparisons with the PS2 are pointless.

Comment

So I will have a clean Component signal right in my Sony Wega from that cable (if it works), and from the same output with S-video cable I will have a the same quality? - this I have today.

Can?t we then just assume with my competent Sony Wega TV that I will have a very good picture with that cable ? RGB or not?

Now you can kick me for being so stupid

Comment

That cable will at best give you a Composite Video signal which is the worst quality. You would be much better off with a standard Nintendo S-Video cable as this is the next best thing to RGB.

Comment

Okay now I have done some research http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_rgb_scart.php and testing, and I?m confident that the GameCube RGB PAL cable will work with my set-up but I will don?t get it this is why:

? As you know can the PS2 output a Component Video Out Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr or a RGB out.

Both signals can my Sony Wega take;
          ? RGB signal; the picture is extremely good, bright colours and sharp objects.
          ? Component Video Out, Scart 1 in - extremely good picture but it is green? Scart 2 good composite quality but washed out colours.

Groundy thanks for your time, you were right.

Comment

Working...
          X