GamesTM retro feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GamesTM retro feedback

Issue 19 was my first issue as retro editor, so I'd appreciate feedback to consider for the coming months

I'lll pick it up and get back to you mate

Comment

it's good but can you put the movies chart back in please as i like to see what was top of the films back then, i see you kept the singles charts in so why not the films?

also i loved the THEY LIVE part with pckid and adventure island ect in it. i was considering buying these but thought it was a wate of money as i thought they were straight ports until i read that with the screen shots in. that was the best part of the retro section for me oh and the rom service is also a good read

Comment

Why do you only put the game charts in on and off?

I mean fair enuogh tell us the top ten tunes but can you not have the top ten game chart in every month pls. I love it 'cos it makes me go yep remember buying/playing that and then scares me when I realise how long ago it was...lol!

Comment

The biggest problem with the game charts is that A) they're a bugger to track down, and B) many magazines simply used to make their charts up.

I am looking into finding the old gallup charts, but it's proving to be quite tricky.

Comment

Fair enuff.

If you can't get the info just make 'em up as well, would be authentic then!

Good luck...

Comment

to be honest i subscribe to GamersTM just for the retro section

i wouldnt like to see it change drastically - happy as things are

but the charts are good to be honest just to see what i was probably into in years gone by

Comment

I ordered the new issue off the website at the weekend. I basically buy it for the retro section... last months was superb. But then I'd be biased: I'm a huge Acorn fan

I'll post some feedback as soon as it arrives (tomorrow - please please please mr. postman) and I've given it a thorough reading.

Edit: How embarassing... it was Retrogamer I bought on the web... but I will be scurrying out to buy GamesTM next week. Honest guv'nor.
                Last edited by Ish; 29-05-2004, 09:56.

Comment

Yeah I don't want to see it change to much everything is fine!

Though it would've been nice to have something about doom in the retro section seeing as it was a doom issue....but then again you did have a massive feature about doom, just not in the retro section.....oh just leave it as it is!!!

Comment

You guys at GamesTM need to try and cover less in more depth. What I like are when you hunt down the game creators and try and find out something more about the games than the usual fansite does. Sort of like Edge's "The Making of.." features.

Comment

read it this morn and everything seems ok tbh.

One gripe I have is the news part of what happened in the year. Im probably being picky here but | think the space would be better served with some game related stuff rather than reading about politics etc etc of the year in question.

keep up the good work, oh and how about a gametm retro special issue for loads of retro goodness.

oh and a feature on super famicom and all tings jap please.

Comment

I'd echo what others have being saying really: more coverage of less. As your covering the past its not as if you have to rush to stay current or anything! As it is it feels like a bit of a whirlwind reading through it.

It was good to see Cronosoft get a mention this month.

Comment

i love the retro section, in that the non-game elements, like news and the music charts bring back many fond memories (and persuade me to fire up kazaa in search of the no.1's of yesteryear )

although the games on the page(s) with the tiny screenshots for whatever system is being looked at (e.g. neo pocket, master system, atari st, etc) aren't revealed until the next month - sure it's gripping stuff waiting to find out what the game that's 3rd from the right, 2nd row down is called, but sometimes i start to cry as i have to wait to jog my memory....
                          although i could just stand in the street and ask random people, but last time i did that it wasn't pretty (police dogs and other unsavoury experiences best forgotten)

great job thus far and keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
                            although i could just stand in the street and ask random people, but last time i did that it wasn't pretty (police dogs and other unsavoury experiences best forgotten)
                            youve been drinking red bull again havent you, tut tut.

Comment

I think its okay. Its better than nothing. I wish I wrote for a magazine and did something retro related. It would a million percent better than the bull**** I have to endure.
                              I would focus on proper retro games. Nothing pre 1987 (apart from 1 or 2). Retro games for me are 1990-1996. that was the golden era.
                              actually, I'm glad I dont write for a magazine. I bet it's boring as ****. I would rather work in burger king.
                              I hate the way that games tm always has massive double page spreads of some old 16bit game. What a waste of time. It's just over the top. It looks ok but it's such an anal thing to do. Why stick a massive picture of a game that hardly anyone will understand or relate too?
                              Now, if it were me. I would use those two pages to review a retro classic and explain exactly why it was so amazing. try to convert the none believers.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 09-06-2004, 07:48.

Comment

Working...
                              X