Densha De Go Final!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Densha De Go Final!

Densha de go Final is finally available, and after contacting NCSX.com it seems that there won't be a version released with a special controller??this seems really odd to me, though I'm sure the older controllers for Densha 1,2 on PSOne will be compatible with it.

Can anyone here explain why Taito decided that this would be the last in the series? I'm sure that the Densha games have been very profitable for them in the past, though I might be wrong there... anyone else excited about this here?

Guess not.

Comment

I've got my copy ordered.

If it's anything like Densha de Go! Professional 2 then I will be a happy man!

Comment

toot toot

Been playing this a fair amount recently (note to self - must make scoreboard on forum) and was wondering if anyone knew what the unlockables were. I am playing relatively easy levels til I can get the timing down and can get "no miss" bonuses so am pretty leisurely. I love getting long chains though!

I presume that there must be some more models to peruse and loadsa videos....anything else?

Comment

I've been enjoying this game for a while even though I still don't fully understand everything...

When you start off what's the percentage thing mean and why is it sometimes in red and over 100%?

Is it something to do with accelerating smoothly or accelerate gently thru the gears as thought you're driving a car? i.e not jump straight to 5th gear to accelerate?

And when you've completed the stop, what's all the right hand side stuff mean in orange? I've got zero on all those things on the right hand side even though I felt I've done well. I've noticed if I screw up I get -20 or so on this right hand side writing...

Comment

Not totally sure but.....
            percentage is the amount of people in your train. %ge capacity of the train (common for trains in Japan to run over 100% capacity) so it gives an idea of the weight.
            the zeroes are good. It means that you have not made any major mistakes so you have no penalties (time, smoothness, speeds etc). The points come from NOT making mistakes - the chain system looks at how close you are to being perfect and links if you are "OK" or better. I really like the combo system though it is a little frustrating!! In a good way.

Anyone tried the conductor mode? I have no idea about it at all. Need to look at it properly I think. But I look at the course and you can get loads of points yet the course are not THAT expensive so what do you do with the points?

Comment

We have been sent this via Play Asia, expect a full review reasonably soonish.

Comment

Yep, I have been aquainting myself with this over the weekend and started to really enjoy it. Never played anything like this before to be honest so have been struggling somewhat with the "rules" but am starting to get a grip on most of it.

Q: Why is the accelerator gears sometimes deactivated? And won't let you reactivate them even when you are way below the speed limit?

Comment

I think more info is needed to work that out g wings. It might be on the yamanote line. There is an auto speed limiter (ATC/S) and the line limit (used for timetables and stuff) is often different from the track limit (safety). You have to stay below both.

Anyone got a favourite route? I like them all for differing reasons though played most on the "chuo" cos there is some variety.

Comment

scoreboard thread in challenges:

Comment

It is the Yanamoteline, yes. I just hadn't noticed any visual info regarding a lower limit.
                      Thanks anyway for clearing that up.

Comment

the numbers in yellow boxes are the ATC limit, those in white are the safety speeds. Above the speedo, there should be a number in orange showing what speed you should be below. The black and white box shows no speed limit status.

A lot of the stuff is not so obvious but I have guessed some. Started getting some longer chains now too which is nice. Get a sweet bonus for that.

Comment

Yay I got a gold star!!!

Anyway, bonus levels, what the hell do I do? I got the first one and all i did was stop the carriage in time. It bounced off the train in front and I passed. Now, it keeps failing me....

Comment

Working...
                          X