Sega Ages 2500 Vol 13: Outrun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Ages 2500 Vol 13: Outrun

Got this yesterday and initial impressions are good but not overwhelming.

Much like all the other Sega 2500 range it is more of a half hearted graphical tart up and and the addition of an arrange mode more than anything else.

Handling is pretty decent but digital only (?) and I can't find support for the wheels.

Ferrari has been given a nice sheen look and there are some extra animations at the start. Bit miffed at the amount of pop-up - especially on the canyon level and also the bird in the car seems to have a brown mousey hair colour rather than bleach blonde.

Car sounds very screechy but the music is just as good as ever. Not sure if they are remixes but the old tunes sound brilliant.

Well worth getting IMHO since it is cheap.

Lets face it. Its a pretty poor effort. That said, theres still some enjoyment to be got from playing Out Run even in a conversion as poor as this. Maybe its just the music, or the sound of the tyres skidding round a bend, but even this manages to bring some of the old magic back for me and I gave it a few go's if nothing else. Its pretty much what Ive come to expect from a Sega Ages game.

Comment

It is ok but the game aged badly these days.

There are so many racing game are better investment.

Comment

Yeah, agree that it is more of a nostalgia thing that gives me most enjoyment out of it.

Roll on Outrun 2.

Comment

If anyone wants the arranged soundtrack as 192kbps MP3's, I've ripped it from the CD and uploaded it here

*EDIT* - I've exhausted all the bandwidth on that, but I've uploaded it to alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.video-games if anyone still wants it.
          Last edited by Burai; 07-06-2004, 07:22.

Comment

Thanks Burai - getting it now.

Comment

jus play the shenmue 2 version! its dah shiz-nit!

Comment

Working...
              X