Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earliest console/computer you still play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earliest console/computer you still play?

Sadly enough, for me the oldest console I have currently on active duty is the Dreamcast.

Put me to shame, whats the earliest machine you still use on a regular, and which game(s) do you play on it.

Nintendo 64 for me as I only had it since November and about 16 games, but not played it much.

Comment

In a physical sense my Atari ST.
      On the PC via emulation C64.

Comment

Xbox

I sold/gave away the rest of my stuff.

But I am hoping to pick up a dreamcast and N64 during the summer.

Comment

When I get the chance, I still stick on the 2600, C64, and SFC.

Don't often get the chance though, I simply don't have room.

Comment

speccy 48k

Comment

Depends what you mean by regular, but i use the following usually at least once a month or so.

PC Engine
              Super Famicom
              Saturn
              Playstation (although i usually use the PS2 to play the games instead)

Comment

Super Famicom. Got one again recently and I'm loving it. Best console ever?

Been playing Super Mario Kart and F-Zero on it this week. SMK is still as good as it's ever been.

Comment

snes for me, play it quite reguarly to be honest.

I love completing old games and my collecting habits are starting to worry me tbh.

Comment

I dig out the spectrum every now and then, but my Super Famicom is the oldest console on permanent setup.

Comment

PC Engine, Mega Drive and soon SFC(when my jr. console arrives).

I find it hard to go back further than these, it's like MD and a few of the others are talking about in the other thread (cba to get in there, its gonna be a bloodbath shortly!), a lot of the earlier games are either somewhat irritating on the eye or have quite unforgiving controls etc or have been surpassed in such a way that you just wouldn't want to bother. Plus I'd rather leave my childhood gaming memories unscathed, I played Chase HQ recently, not a good idea

The 3 consoles I listed still have a lot to offer even today in terms of playability, graphics, sound in some cases(try Vampire Killer-aural bliss!) and the most important factor, pure enjoyment.

Comment

I have my Master System permanently set up at home, and always have to have a few goes on it whenever I go back. I also pick up the odd cheap game for it from time to time too. I've been planning to mod it for 60Hz for ages now, but never seem to get around to it.

I also keep a very-recently-acquired SFC Jr with me here at university. Area 88 is still a fantastic game 8)

Comment

Whenever i'm in the loft the 2600 usually comes out, just for a few games of Asteroids. I know you can get better versions of the game but i just like the music (?) on the 2600 version....builds and builds throughout a round then the last rock gets it and the music stops for a second or so... then starts up at the original headnodding speed. Love it.

Comment

C64 and Atari2600... though now I've got the "Cuttle Cart 2", I'm running 2600 ROMs through the 7800 instead...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That would be my AES, naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X